Vintage picture thread

coW52Dodge

Here is a picture of my Grandfather's '46 or '47 Dodge 1 ton with my Uncle's Plymouth in the forground.

I think I recall seeing that barn somewhere along Hwy 60 or 33 in eastern WI or at least some very similar. There were a lot of them built with those exposed fieldstone foundations in that area.

• Like 1

A smokin tough day in the Dodge for this poor guy...

• Like 1

I think I recall seeing that barn somewhere along Hwy 60 or 33 in eastern WI or at least some very similar. There were a lot of them built with those exposed fieldstone foundations in that area.

It wasn't that barn. That's the farm where I grew up between Ladysmith and Tony in northern Wis. I believe that was a common barn building process back in the day. This farm was founded by my Great Grandfather in the 1800's. I'm not sure exactly when that barn was built but it's definetly old.

Merle

Guest dadsdream

i have posted this picture before. it is my dad in the truck and his dad standing. i have just about got enough parts gathered up now to start on as soon as it warms up a little.

dads%20truck.jpeg

i have posted this picture before. it is my dad in the truck and his dad standing. i have just about got enough parts gathered up now to start on as soon as it warms up a little.

dads%20truck.jpeg

Now thats a really cool picture and great detail. I like the neon "JoB Rated" sign too!

Thanks for posting this!

Bob

Guest dadsdream

Thats pretty cool. i only live about 40 miles from cannelton, in. and i have relatives near leopold and tell city.

Bob, someone had mentioned i should send you that pic for the calendar. Feel free to copy it and use it if you wish.

Eric

Eric,

After the war with my Dad and his older brother returning home, my grandfather was thinking about some endeavor other than the family farm that they could all support their families with. They hit upon a chicken hatchery and after buying a couple of used incubators they started hatching chicks. By the early 50's they were one of the biggest shippers of baby chicks in the midwest. They also opened a feed/hardware store on the property. The farm is still there and in the family (since 1906), although not a busines anymore. I still go back every couple of years. In fact, my wife and I will be back this year. I still have a couple of uncles (one of whom is sitting in the Pilothouse) and many cousins. My Dad was born on the farm outside Cannelton and my Mom was born in Millstone, about 6-8 miles up river from Cannelton.

Jim

Not a pilot house but Dads 51 plymouth shortly after he bought it in 1966.

orig51conv.jpg

And Dads 46 Dodge 1/2 ton with me sitting on it when I was ~15. Not quite vintage but sorta old.

46.jpg

• Like 1