fuel pump: old vs. new

ggdad1951

1 minute ago, jpartington said:

Anyone else have this issue?

Can you spin it 180? If not call back to then and now and see if they can figure it out

I bought a couple of kits from Then and Now and it included two pins in each kit.  One is just long enough to reach from side to side and the other is shorter and I believe is intended to be used with two small freeze plugs or cups as shown in the attached picture.  

Has anyone else had a kit with the short pin and two cups?  I'm assuming the intention is to use the two cups to hold the pin in place.  On the longer pin my guess is you're supposed to stake the housing so the pin can't slide out.

Anyone have a preference as to which would be better?

Brad

20200504_091333x.jpg

17 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

That's interesting. The kits I got from them had a longer pin with circlips for each end. 

Mine has only one end(rear side).These years( since may 2017) it is running very well,but I noticed a leak of engine oil,I suspected that is from the pin and put a little of glue.

Junta fina vazou.JPG

Junta fina vazou 1.JPG