I'm back

mrwrstory

I have not been loafing. Seems a lot of stuff that takes me a long time, doesn't look like much.

That being said,...I finally got the accelerator pedal fabricated, throttle and kick-down cables finished,

installed and tuned. Had to change the kick-down from a "pusher" to a "puller". Looks pretty slick, I think.

Hope it works as good as it looks :D

IMG_6279.jpg

-

IMG_6246.jpg

-

Tuned the shift linkage and put on the wheel just to see what it looked like. Placed the floor temporarily to confirm

that the modification below the gas pedal allowed full travel.

Img_6271a.jpg

-

Next few days will see charging the brake system, relocating the temporary gauges and doing a home garage

front end alignment. The goal is to drive it around the block this weekend.......Wish me luck!:D

I notice that your horn ring differs from a "special deluxe" as pictured below. And a "deluxe" I believe has a button only with no ring? Hopefully Greg G will post a picture of his "Deluxe" ring.

It's a mystery steering wheel :D Goes w/the column.

Edited by mrwrstory

Got the front aligned. Relocated the gauges. But...........

Spent two days dickin w/the brakes. Can't seem to get a solid pedal. Guys smarter than me are puzzled too.

In the meantime, here's what it looks like at ride hight. Lookin at it helps me get over the bummer of tryin to figger

out why I'm comin up short on the brakes. Tomorrow I'm still drivin it around the block, veeerry carefully.:confused:

Img_6311.jpg

Edited by mrwrstory

Deluxe don't have no stinkin ring.

Img_6322.jpg

-

I like this wheel and ring and,....it came with the column that I modified for an auto trans. I figger'd one

day I'd put a Mayflower in the center. It'za 50 F**d :D

Country Time is fine, but Don's bottle looks more interesting...!

-

I started with a gottle of Jack Daniels but by the time I got it empty, I forgot what the idea was.:o

I was pretty pleased with myself after drinking all that lemonade which yielded a plastic bottle for the purpose of

pressurizing the master cylinder reservoir. I'm still struggling with getting a solid brake pedal. The idea was that

pressurizing the remote reservoir, by squeezing the lemonade, would drive suspected air from the M/C.

Good idea huh?....but it didn't work. I am in the process of scratching my head :confused:

Img_6303.jpg

Harbor Freight, of all places, has a nifty little simple-as-pie 1-man brake bleeder unit. It worked good for me, and allows you to get as much bleed as it takes. Cheap, too.

Good idea huh?....but it didn't work. I am in the process of scratching my head :confused:

-

It didn't work meaning that although squeezing the lemonade bottle adequately pressurized the system, I still got mushy brakes.

...........and then, in the middle of the night :) for some reason I awoke to the thought of,..."is there another bleeder valve? Got

outta bed, went to the garage and DAMBED IF THERE ISN'T ANOTHER BLEEDER VALVE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE CALIPER,...

I'm still recovering from lack of sleep so addressing that epiphany will come later this morning.

In the meantime, the drive around the neighbor went well even with questionable brakes. And to ad to the fun, neighbor

Mike showed up with his cop car enhanced 56 Courier on his first "round-the-block" adventure. We had great fun with open headers

on a Sunday morning irritating the neighbors. video in a day or two.

Img_6316.jpg

-

Img_6313.jpg

Bleeders have to be on the TOP of the caliper if you want to get the air out...

I hear you. I've already bled from the top,...not realizing there were lower ones as well. Calipers are Wilwood two piston and there are bleeder valves top and bottom. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that's the issue.

I hear you. I've already bled from the top,...not realizing there were lower ones as well. Calipers are Wilwood two piston and there are bleeder valves top and bottom. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that's the issue.

Ya know,...you're never too old to learn something. :o

I called 'em two piston and I was too quick with my response. I'm still learning that. They're four piston. Funny,...when I pulled the wheel to get at the bleeder, there were four valves. Duh! :o :o...makes sense,..inner and outer, top and bottom. The top piston hydraulics are connected to the bottom on each side,...and yes they can be bled. However ya definitely gotta bleed both top pistons (inner and outer) which I had not done.

Bottom line is, I can now stand it on it's nose.

Video on it's way, probably tomorrow :)

nice job on the kick down,,whos cable is that ? great job on your first drive,,, u must have some type of bell crank u made for the column linkage ????

love your friends rare ford delivery,,,:cool:

great video,,,looks like a ton of fun,,,next time a smoky burn out ?? lol

Edited by fstfish66

whos cable is that ?

u must have some type of bell crank u made for the column linkage ????

next time a smoky burn out ?? lol

Local outfit called Control Cables. They do stuff for industry, marine and off road. I'd guess most metro areas would have an equivilant. It was made to my dims. and less than a Lokar.

Yeah, I made a bell crank to work the shifter. Fun project but, easier said than done far's getting the shifter compatible with the trans. requirements.

I'm tempted but need to wait til everything's dialed in. :D