anyone have a good p15 radiaotr for sale ?

michael.warshaw

Art Butler has one in the donor car he bought to get the body parts from, to restore PLYWOOD. It is in PHX, AZ.

Charlie whats to become of the remainder of the parts car? Going to post stuff for sale?

Hi Ed, I'll call Art tomorrow and ask him. The donor car has a lot of stuff on it. I do know that he is going to send it up to Payson, AZ, where his adult son runs a salvage yard.

Merry Christmas everybody, looks like the Clipper lites are coming to AZ.

Charlie whats to become of the remainder of the parts car? Going to post stuff for sale?

Not a bad deal if your not concerned about it looking 100% original. I'd use one of those in a heart beat if I needed one. Little black paint and no one would be the wiser.

I got a rad from the 48 Canadian dodge I just picked up. Looks decent, no rot that I can see. Fins all in good shape. Will clean it and flush it out and see if I can find any leaks. If interested drop me a PM. Shipping from Canada to the USA might be a bit stiff...probably $75-100?

A rad from a Canuck car is different then a US P15.

The D25 has a longer motor and the rad is pushed forward 2".

The rad may be the same but the mounting flanges are not.

You would have to "reposition" the rad flanges unless you want

the rad to sit an extra 2" further away from the fan!

P15 -Radiator core assembly part #947450

D25 -Radiator core assembly part #973694

Edited by Roadkingcoupe

You can't even build a sentence.......

y turn a normall thread into a bashing match did i do something to affend you?

i guess youve sidled up with don c in the forum police looking at everyones sentences, you sound like a second grade teacher, "right in full sentences"

this is a forum, not grammar school if you dont have anything to give the thread in a positive way dont comment, its that simple. its people like you who are ruining the forum with your childish remarks and chasing peope away your not the boss!

at this point in time, i have 33 employees, lets compare tax returns and see who is doing better!

DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

to all the happy forum people happy holidays

Edited by michael.warshaw

Wellllll.......I'm not going to try and say who's right or wrong, but....

I realize that the use of computers has changed the way people write

and use grammar. Speedy typing seems to be important at least to

some. Capitalization and punctuation of sentences doesn't appear to

be important nowadays. People know what they are trying to say as

they type it......and the reader has to figure out where one sentence

ends and the next one begins. And, then there are the shorthand

expressions (like OMG and IMHO and many more). Some I now understand,

some I have trouble figuring out.

The age of the writer or reader tends to influence his/her take on this

matter. When most of the "old" people like me (age 67) went to grade

school there was emphasis on spelling correctly and on good handwriting

and good grammar. I gather that these days, those topics may not

even be taught or if they are, they are pretty much ignored by many

students. So we get much poor spelling and use of words.

In reading posts here and on the hamb, I notice this sort of stuff since

I was an English major in college. (However, that major didn't help me

earn any big bucks.)

I'm sure you do rather well, Michael, but it would be nice if people

just took another couple minutes to communicate their thoughts

and consider their readers. The younger guys may not be bothered

by today's writing style and to them it's no big deal. But it does

seem to bother some of us....whatever our age.

Not intending to especially pick on Mike - he just happened to be

in the current conversations.

I hate it when we get into these arguments, disagreements, differences

of opinion, pi$$ing matches, or whatever you may call them. I enjoy the

usual "calmness" of this forum, compared to certain other places.

Just my thoughts - for whatever they may be worth.

Bob

I hate it when we get into these arguments, disagreements, differences

of opinion, pi$$ing matches, or whatever you may call them. I enjoy the

usual "calmness" of this forum, compared to certain other places.

Just my thoughts - for whatever they may be worth.

Bob

+1 (I agree with Bob)

peace love and understanding

- there is a feature called "spell check" on this forum. If the word typed is underlined in red just right click and the proper spelling (choices) will appear. Just click on the proper spelling (you will recognize it) and "voila". Simple.

- the lower case letters, no periods, and lack of proper grammar are often a result of iPhones and Blackberry use. Funny that the decline of the English language is due to Smart phones "dumbing" down the written word. A full computer keyboard is easier to type in proper English. I am guilty of this when I use a "smart" phone to post.

- there is a difference between someone who is not fully literate versus someone who is lazy.

-suggestion rather then "Flaming" might be the first default position. (Suggestion is the psychological process by which one person guides the thoughts, feelings, or behavior of another).

-as stated in the Don Tragedy thread (almost a year ago)

SUGGESTIONS

#1- respect the others on the forum.

#2-never post MAD. ALWAYS wait 24 hours before posting in anger. Might be surprised how many posts DO NOT get sent.

#3- NEVER post on a forum that you are RICHER, SMARTER and a LAWYER.

Three simple rules.

Edited by Roadkingcoupe

Bob its not just the older guys. Part of my job is writing and editing instructional manuals so its become second nature for me to notice spelling/grammar errors when I read. Usually only point out the funny ones though.

Well I waited 10 hours perhaps I should have waited longer.

Grammer and capitalization are important for proper understanding. English is a complicated language that in many cases depends on the reader having a basic understanding of the writer, where he lives and his personality.

When one posts on a public forum (especially if one has made it clear in previous posts that they consider themselves well educated, having an important position in society, having achieved a level of earnings which provides for more than the basics of life, and purporting themselves to capable of argument, debate and language to support their point of view) one sets up a certain level of expectation of behiavior based on the social norms of the group which the poster wishes to be a part of.

When during the course of communication these levels are not supported by evidence usage, it may lead other to draw conclusions that perhaps do not agree with view the poster has of his person, position, or opinion.

to wit:

Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off his horse.." and "I had to help my uncle jack off his horse.."

If the pen is mightier than the sword, and words are weapons, it behooves one to chose and use them carefully.

Seesins gratings to awl.

Edited by greg g

A general cultural observation applies to the discussion of clear communication...Narcissism is rampant in our culture. The causes are many and complicated. So, no need to go into them as people far more intelligent than I are earning PhD's this way.

When one fails to even attempt clear communication, and has the capacity and instruction to do so, it boils down to narcissim. Whatever the speaker or writer has to do, say, feel is of top importance. Your needs as the listener or reader are secondary to their needs for immediacy and attention. This is contrary to the historical classical instruction given to many of us in basic English communication.

It's similar to current trends regarding being on time. Folks who have a high level of resepect for others will do what it takes to be on time for an engagement or appointment. People who have greater value on themselves and their own needs will not place as much emphasis on respecting a pre-scheduled appointment.

For good bad or otherwise, this is how the world is now. My observation is also that the younger a person is, the greater likelihood that their Internet communication skills won't align with "old fashioned" ideas of mutually beneficial interpersonal communication.

I've run across it quite a bit in another forum I frequent. It seems like there is a lot more anger in these threads featuring differing styles of written communication. Eventually, some sort of balance will be reached, I think. But, it's the nature of change.