Flags of Our Fathers

Don Coatney

I watched the movie yesterday. Very good movie. Could have been called the Ira Hays story. Recommend it. One slight flaw. In one scene Ira fell while drunk and going up some steps. In the background a very nice P-15 yellow Taxicab passed by. Problem was this scene was posta be 1944.

Don Coatney

Don, I was in that movie, I have not seen it yet. I am in the scene at the virginia memorial, I had a 1949 Plymouth and the 1940 Plymouth crossing the street in the back ground when the marines were marching over a small bridge. At the cerim ony did it end up on the cutting room floor?

Rodney;

I know you are a ham and like to hog your way into pictures. Sorry you were rejected for a talking part but Clint wanted to tell a story and I know you did too but this was his movie not yours :). You should have spread the word about your bit part and I would have paid closer attention. I will buy that movie for my collectionn when it is available at a low cost. I will look for your pug shot then.

How do you do it? I live here in town with Dave Chappel with all his entertainment contacts and don't get a thing. You are out there in the boonies and get to Washington for ceremonies and now in history making movies. I'd rather be lucky than smart. You dawg.:cool: :cool:

Don, I don't think you will see my face however younever know! We were in the back drop that filming took all day. Clint eastwood or as we call him (clinton) was very busy, he kept making the marines march over that hill over and over again. I just kept eating and relaxing. Frank I don't have an agent however during the shooting of liberty hts a baltimore film I met a person that has a company called picture cars and I have been it the movies and TV ever since, there is a screen actors gild in your town, you just have to fine that person. I just did a music video two weeks ago down town and it was a bore only good thing the chicks were out of this world!