4th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ....

48Dodger

Yeah...come on Tim and Bob. They're lapping us.

I didnt take a single picture!!! So many trucks!! It was truly the year of the "in progress project". lol. I was cooking all day and when I wasn't trying to keep "Red" off of Don's burger, I was directing traffic. Sunday I was beat, but still needed to return the trucks I towed. I'm just now headin out with the "Spring Special"....taking it back to the mechanics shop so it can get running under its own power. I did get Bob to download a few pictures to my computer.....so here's a few I can share of his.

48D

_MG_7192.jpg

_MG_7235.jpg

_MG_7242.jpg

_MG_7177.jpg

_MG_7210.jpg

Thanks for posting pictures.

Next year hopefully I'll make it. Really disappointed not being able to make it this year. I coach HS baseball, and we ended up having to play a makeup game on Saturday due to all the rain outs we've had this year.

"Miss April"

Dang,

I missed out on seeing that Spring Special, and all the other trucks. Hopefully it's there next year in the same original condition (and running)!

I gotta remember not to start any more major truck projects the month before next year's get together.

Tim,

Thank you for the great BBQ and all your hard work towing our B4B Spring Special. It took me as a Rookie..a little while to catch on to the phrase..Holly and I had a great time and look forward to continued friendship with all.

Radiator Shop said my sending unit for the gas tank was not working. I ordered one from back east before I read the posts about it. Hope it will be ok? Also, any ideas on battery box replacemet?

Tnx Jerry

Whats the story behind the grey/rust colored one with 1/2 a spare truck in the bed? Someone get a good deal or worried about finding parts that fall off?

Whats the story behind the grey/rust colored one with 1/2 a spare truck in the bed? Someone get a good deal or worried about finding parts that fall off?

A great story on that. Those are "rescue" parts. A guy was going to throw them away and one of our members rescued them. Brought them to the BBQ for who ever needed them. Just asked for a donation to the club in return. There was some nice sheet metal in there.

That's Jim's truck. He drove it from San Jose (2 plus hours away) in 2008 but broke down going home. He skipped bringing it the last two years, but this year had a trailer and towed it here. He and I rode in it together from the trailer to the party....lol...maybe 300 feet? Had me a blast, it runs smooooth.

48D

• 10 years later...
On 4/12/2011 at 12:34 AM, Bob_Koch said:

If you want to see a lot more pictures of the BBQ they've been posted on the DPETCA gallery site:

http://dodgepilothouseclub.org/gallery/v/Clements_2011/

The above link seems to be dead :(

On 4/12/2011 at 12:34 AM, Bob_Koch said:

Here's just a few more:

post-167-1358536050294_thumb.jpg

This particular truck caught my eye because it has what appear to be the same 6,000 GROSS tags as my truck has.  Anyone know the history of this truck?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkahler said:

This particular truck caught my eye because it has what appear to be the same 6,000 GROSS tags as my truck has.  Anyone know the history of this truck?

That is Jerry's truck @Boss Hog . His truck was repainted shortly after that event. Hopefully he can come this year, I believe he was in the process of moving last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1