Show your tools.

Don Coatney

Ddogeb4ya,

You obviously do Not live close to an active (known) earthquake zone!

Nice organization of a great set of tools. 

DJ

5 hours ago, DJ194950 said:

Ddogeb4ya,

You obviously do Not live close to an active (known) earthquake zone!

Nice organization of a great set of tools. 

DJ

I DO live right over a big EQ zone.

Have dealt with 3 quakes in the last 30 years... one a 5.3

Been lucky though no major issues.

6" slab cracked though.

Straightened up/fastened some of the tools for the next quake too.?

15855122840699056433630538486647.jpg

20200329_174513_compress11.jpg

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We get "frost quakes" here in northern Maine (I would imagine elsewhere in the northern climes, too).  The frost layer is 8 feet here, (the depth to which you have to set pilings to avoid frost heaving), when it gets cold enough, the contraction/expansion/separation of that surface layer is enough to get your attention, and break things on/from the shelves.  Not as "majestic" as an earthquake, but it sure gets things moving and exciting for a few seconds. Earthquakes here are rarely more than a 2.

Edited by Dan Hiebert
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 3:07 PM, Dodgeb4ya said:

6" slab cracked though.

Building is red with a big chrome handle on the roof?

or your toolbox has a walk in door!

my shop is splitting at the seams,between parts and tools. 
during this quiet time im organizing and re-grouping. 

but yours is way mor impressive!

• 2 weeks later...

Old school Rotary....my favorite lift.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2020 at 4:07 PM, Dodgeb4ya said:

6" slab cracked though.

Now THIS is a well organized shop. Thanks for posting the pics.

John R

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up one of these clamp style multi meters recently. I tested  my generator output with it. The tool and the generator seem to work well. Max output setting seems to be about 15-16A on the generator. Both my ‘53 Chrysler and ‘38 Plymouth seem to put out similar max amps. I cannot recall the proper specs as I type this. I’ll look it up later.  Seemed like a good little tool. 

i was hoping however to clamp around a starter cable to see max amp draw. The tool has a measurement hold feature too. However I can’t seem to get an amp reading off a starter cable when I crank it. Maybe I’m doing something wrong. The specs claim it can read upto 600A DC. Auto ranging. 

Idle and high RPM generator amp output shown in pics. 

31A88C19-3566-4DAC-8C9C-107289F4A6C2.jpeg

62218C7D-1FCA-4274-A159-13A504566B9C.jpeg

• Like 2

PIcked these up today off facebook marketplace. Deals get snapped up quick but they are out there. The double ended ones are thin-I'd call them a tappet wrench but apparently they just call them low torque slimline

IMG_20200510_164637.jpg

IMG_20200510_110848.jpg

• Like 1

I see a lot of discussion on drum pullers for our old Mopars so I thought I would post this easy to make puller I put together a few years back. No flexing in this baby and never fails. If you slot the holes it could be used on other makes as well. You could also make an insert to adapt it for a slide hammer for pulling axles. 

I see some folks bidding on these lately and this may be an cheap option. Next to the puller you will see some wheel spacers that if you found in steel would give you a head start. Use a piece of pipe, 2 nuts and some threaded rod  for those with limited machining capabilities.

Hope this helps

V$

Drum puller 1.jpg

Drum Puller 2.jpg

• Like 1

Beautiful work!

• 1 month later...

Ok..was goofing off while wife was at Dr. office....drove over to a little thrift shop nearby....if you can image this at the e-bay price of 190.00 plus 10.00 to ship....or even consider a couple others at above the 200.00 and bordering on 250.00  (cheapest one found on e-bay was 30.00 needing cleaning)  see third picture with box.....L A Starrett  N0. 55  3" machinist square....

Then you can respect the fact that I got this one as shown with just a tad of oxidation....spend right at 3 minutes cleaning and oiling down....for the grand total of 1.00  this is the DEAL OF THE DAY   and just for LosControl.....this is the 55% in action......you know what I am talking about...!!!!!

IMG_3593.JPG

IMG_3597.JPG

starrett-ebay1.jpg

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

Just don't not over use it and wear the tool out! 

Where to send it off for a rebuilding??  ?

DJ

1 hour ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

Ok..was goofing off while wife was at Dr. office....drove over to a little thrift shop nearby....if you can image this at the e-bay price of 190.00 plus 10.00 to ship....or even consider a couple others at above the 200.00 and bordering on 250.00  (cheapest one found on e-bay was 30.00 needing cleaning)  see third picture with box.....L A Starrett  N0. 55  3" machinist square....

Then you can respect the fact that I got this one as shown with just a tad of oxidation....spend right at 3 minutes cleaning and oiling down....for the grand total of 1.00  this is the DEAL OF THE DAY   and just for LosControl.....this is the 55% in action......you know what I am talking about...!!!!!

IMG_3593.JPG

IMG_3597.JPG

starrett-ebay1.jpg

I would call that a  Square Deal.