Show your tools.

Don Coatney

I just purchased this little beauty last week. The original builder, who was a machinist, passed away. His daughter was getting rid of his tools. I haven't actually used it yet, but I'm sure I'll think of a project that will require bending some sheet metal. It's really nicely made, but the daughter had no idea what gauge metal it will handle. Looks like 19 or 20 gauge anyway.

Wayne

post-527-0-51468400-1372457495_thumb.jpg

post-527-0-96730300-1372457514_thumb.jpg

Ed's "newest addition" back in Dec. promped me to share this.  Local compressor shop suggested these loops with metal pipe to address condensation in the air lines.  At the bottom of the three loops is a bit of a reservoir and a ball valve for periodic draining.  'Tho not a pro by any means, I paint.  And I have never had an issue with water in the air supply.

IMG_2415_zps5790a0ef.jpg-IMG_2416_zps531a1f08.jpg

• Like 1

Rear drum puller

puller1.jpg

Don,your rear drum puller looks exactly like the one I bought from Sears a year or so ago to pull the rear drums on my 39 IHC D-2 pickup.  One of the best made pullers I have ever seen or owned. Unfortunately,Sears quit selling them within a few day of my ordering mine and they no longer stock it.

• 1 month later...

TOOLBOX ARSENAL:

The cleaned out aluminum can that formerly housed Vienna sausages has come in quite handy.  When filled half full of gasoline, it can be used to fill an empty Stromberg carburetor that has run dry because the '49 1-ton it is mounted on has a non-functional fuel level sending unit that has led to a couple of instances of needing to walk back to the house because of underestimation of fuel tank contents.  The screwdriver helps to access the innerds of the carb :cool:

post-2888-0-10560000-1378052512_thumb.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised information
  • Like 1

the cleaned out aluminum can that formerly housed Vienna sausages has come in quite handy.  When filled half full of gasoline, it can be used to fill an empty Stromberg carburetor that has run dry because the '49 1-ton it is mounted on has a non-functional fuel level sending unit that has led to a couple of instances of needing to walk back to the house because of underestimation of fuel tank contents.  The screwdriver helps to access the innerds of the carb :cool:

attachicon.gifsmCANcarb.jpg

innovation at its finest!

I reckon I can't take full credit for this as a useful tool...at a previous job where we manufactured aerial lifts, there was a guy who had worked there for several decades who ate Vienna sausages every day.  The painters would bug him at least once a week for his empties, as the can was the perfect size for various chores:  making test mixes, using for touch up paint, cleaning small equipment parts...the guys would get into "colorful discussions" on occasion as to who had dibs 1st for them empties, sometimes there would be feats of strength to settle these dust-ups.  So when I had a hankering for them li'l sausages, I keep the cans now cuz WOW they are handy!

the cleaned out aluminum can that formerly housed Vienna sausages has come in quite handy.  When filled half full of gasoline, it can be used to fill an empty Stromberg carburetor that has run dry because the '49 1-ton it is mounted on has a non-functional fuel level sending unit that has led to a couple of instances of needing to walk back to the house because of underestimation of fuel tank contents.  The screwdriver helps to access the innerds of the carb :cool:

You can replace that screwdriver with a ink cartridge refill syringe. 

No screws to remove. That way its easier on the screws and carb gasket. 

That is of course if you have a Stromberg with a vent tube. Not my idea. Courtesy of Dale in a previous thread/post.

post-80-0-56078500-1378053702_thumb.jpg

post-80-0-62971500-1378053717_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Excellent Don. The tools look like new. You take care of them as well as your car. I hope more pople pay attention.

Could be because it is new.  :)

Apparently not even finished yet based on the post about the hole not being final size yet.

• Like 1