Show your tools.

Don Coatney

• 1 month later...
There was some discussion of vises with a rear jaw that swivels , here is a photo of mine in action .

Oh I really like that vise Jerry! I will give you $50.00? Please?

Bob

There was some discussion of vises with a rear jaw that swivels , here is a photo of mine in action .

Oh I really like that vise Jerry! I will give you $50.00? Please?

Bob

Bob , It is on ebay right now . See item 330519939758 . I also have a Rock Island vise for sale ( not on the bay yet ) 4 1/2 inch wide jaws , about 60 pounds . stationary base . $125 .

dist1.jpg

I have the matching engine analyzer and the starter/generator tester,too. I even have the device you stick up a tailpipe to check the exhaust.

I couldn't find a photo of one of my handiest tools,my 10,000 lb diesel loader with the big bucket that will pick 3500 lbs 10 feet up in the air. Tools just don't get any handier than that thing when you are pulling engines and transmissions out of junkers out in the yard and then loading them on a trailer to haul to the crusher.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Tim Adams, I haven't seen an on car wheel balancer since I was in High School. Our local Chrysler/Plymouth dealer had one and we used to balance our wheels and tires on the car. When done right the ride was much smoother than just balancing the wheel and tire off of the car as the whole rotating assembly got balanced.

I have used the bubble balancerto smooth out tires that the electronic balancers could not..in that I will not say the ride they had was not smooth but at two point there was usually a harmonic vibration felt at two more common speeds..usuall between the 42 and 45 MPH and again at 72-75 with the electronic balancers..properly used the 4 weight static balance as done on a "quality" bubble balancer is hard to beat..i use my Micro brand all the time..it is even sensitive enough that you can balance a rim without a tire mounted..

No photos yet but I just won(bought) 3/8 to 5/8 snap on flare fitting wrenches off ebay. The 3/8s 7/16s is a combo the 1/2 9/16 5/8 are individual.

No photos yet but I just won(bought) 3/8 to 5/8 snap on flare fitting wrenches off ebay. The 3/8s 7/16s is a combo the 1/2 9/16 5/8 are individual.

Flare fitting wrenches or tubing wrenches? If you dont mind me asking what are these wrenches worth today?

I paid about $40 bucks for the 4 wrenches. These are the ones I got except my 3/8s and 7/16s are a double ended wrench.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=274&group_ID=571&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

You got a good deal.

They looked good in the pictures hopefully when they get here they haven't been abused. As long as you only use them for brass flare fittings as intended they should last forever. I was going to buy new ones from Craftsman but they don't make the single ones with the extra think open end.

They looked good in the pictures hopefully when they get here they haven't been abused. As long as you only use them for brass flare fittings as intended they should last forever. I was going to buy new ones from Craftsman but they don't make the single ones with the extra think open end.

I used such tools on the brake and fuel lines on my car and the only brass fitting I recall is the "T" in my fuel line. Everything else was steel fittings with the exception of the carburetor vacuum advance stuff..

fresh2.jpg

i used the same t-fittings on my car...

makes you wonder if they don't fabricate anything that looks a little less modern.

same problem with hose clamps: nobody has decent looking ones any more!

i'm really glad i still have a lot of the original ones on my car,

but i wish i had more of them.

next thing i do is change the fuel hoses to metal lines like on your photo, don.

did you add coils for flexibility to allow the engine to move?

I used such tools on the brake and fuel lines on my car and the only brass fitting I recall is the "T" in my fuel line. Everything else was steel fittings with the exception of the carburetor vacuum advance stuff..

fresh2.jpg

Aren't the fittings in/at the carb brass?