Exhaust prices?

Arthur1947

Hey Arthur, last i looked you had your car for sale, did you decide to forgo that plan??? Great if you are able to keep it. My single from the manifold back including a 35 buck dyomax muffler was 130 bucks but that was 5 years ago, and i had most of m old system for them to use as a pattern. So adjust for infoation ad double that. Maybe knock some off for the supplied mufflers.

There are quite a few places that sell smithy mufflers such as Speedway, Summit, Jegs and E-Bay. Plus they come in a few legnths from 22" - 30" but all sizes have 2" I.D. inlets and outlets so keep that in mind when choosing exhaust size.

My personal experience with exhaust is get quotes, and if you can, be there when they do it!! I had mine done for $300 and I supplied the mufflers and he just ran the pipes under the axle!! No joke, I couldn't take a rear tire off without dropping the exhaust. I didn't stick around and trusted him cause a friend gave a very good reference to go there. Went back and he said he couldn't bend 2" pipe over my axle. Needless to say I won't take nor reference ANYBODY there for anything.

Ended up welding in flex pipe before the axle just so I could lift the car. Plan on buying a universal dual exhaust kit and re-doing myself over the winter.

There are quite a few places that sell smithy mufflers such as Speedway, Summit, Jegs and E-Bay. Plus they come in a few legnths from 22" - 30" but all sizes have 2" I.D. inlets and outlets so keep that in mind when choosing exhaust size.

My personal experience with exhaust is get quotes, and if you can, be there when they do it!! I had mine done for $300 and I supplied the mufflers and he just ran the pipes under the axle!! No joke, I couldn't take a rear tire off without dropping the exhaust. I didn't stick around and trusted him cause a friend gave a very good reference to go there. Went back and he said he couldn't bend 2" pipe over my axle. Needless to say I won't take nor reference ANYBODY there for anything.

Ended up welding in flex pipe before the axle just so I could lift the car. Plan on buying a universal dual exhaust kit and re-doing myself over the winter.

Why couldn't you jack up the pumpkin and support the weight on the axles?

I hate doing anything outside my own shop because of just the type work that was mentioned by the originator of this thread..cheap and shoddy workmanship. I asked about before getting mine done..got the name of the man and the shop and got an appointment for my car as he needed it on the lift to get an estimate of work..took the car in, explained to the man what I wanted and how I wanted it built and asked if he could work to my exacting instructions....he said no problem he could build it exactly to my specs..quoted me a reasonable price..short version..he did it right, did it in double wall pipe front to rear..he finished faster than he quoted thus the cost to me was less than quoted..system is designed to be removed with little effort should the need arrise..and it also is true equal length system as I moved the gas tank to center of the car on a cradle giving me room for left side tailpipe..

this is the same shop/man that bent my 3" pipe for the station wagon from a drawing I made on a piece of paper, lots of small length angles and such in that pipe plus a 1 1/2 inch step to provide clearance for the muffler heat shield..I place heat shields above the muffler anytime I can..brought the pipe home an it was as an exact fit to my car..5 foot length of double wall 3" is not cheap and the whole thing with labor..about 51 dollars with tax if I recall..honest shop..charged me 1/4 hours labor..in case you wondering about the size..the 3" is the factory size pipe by the way for the V6 I have installed..available only for a short time from the factory..

There is a muffler shop in a neighboring town here that claims he

has a system for making a single pipe-to-duals that sounds good.

He uses a certain brand of muffler (i think in a long length) and can

run the pipes, etc.

I think he did the system on his brother's P15 convertible.......ran the

left pipe between the gas tank and spring.

100_7402.jpg

Not so sure I like the angles at the end, but it is one pipe per side.

Unfortunately I didn't hear it run. Car is now back to Colorado.

100_7414.jpg