Save the date

Young Ed

Rochester is a 4 hour drive for me. Sounds like it could be fun as long as I can crash the party with my truck (again). Make sure you let Dan Olson know about it too. I don't know if he ventures over to the car forum. He might want to join in the fun with his truck too, since he lives right there.

Merle

Rochester is a 4 hour drive for me. Sounds like it could be fun as long as I can crash the party with my truck (again). Make sure you let Dan Olson know about it too. I don't know if he ventures over to the car forum. He might want to join in the fun with his truck too, since he lives right there.

Merle

Merle I'm sure you'll be allowed to crash same as WI. Heck I'm tempted to drive my pickup too just because a lot of the guys have seen my car and not many have seen the pickup. I'm really hoping I'll have the 40 plymouth pickup on the road by then.....

If the organizers are going to allow non Plymouth MOPARS, that should be prominently noted on information regarding the event. If you do that perhaps you might also get some help from the WPC club. (http://www.wpcmn.org/WPCclub/Welcome.html)

If its non judged it seems the more mopars the merrier.

Just a note, I know the folks who travel a lot have loyalty points for their favorite accomodation providers, and though I am a Marriot member I have very few points as travelling on our own dime we tend to be more frugal with our overnight stays. I do appreciate the under C note price point providers.

If the organizers are going to allow non Plymouth MOPARS, that should be prominently noted on information regarding the event. If you do that perhaps you might also get some help from the WPC club. (http://www.wpcmn.org/WPCclub/Welcome.html)

If its non judged it seems the more mopars the merrier.

...snip...

At the Portland meet last June, which was a judged event, there was a section off to the side for other cars. Some nice Chryslers and Dodges showed up there.

St. Louis is IN!!!! On the calender. Plenty of time to think about the details. I'm with Don on the hotels, I travel a lot and have a pretty good stash of points. Just stay up late and sip on the local brew.

Swing through Trenton MO and I'll lead the convoy to Rochester. Stops in Indianola IA and Albert Lea MN for fuel on US-65/69.

1039 probably about a 3000 mile sojurn for us Central NY ers. Have to think about it.

951 going through Canada and taking a Ferry across a bit of a lake in the way.

I also looked at taking the ferry route as that would allow a stop in Fort Wayne to see the grandkids. Guess I could consider a change in my orinetation and go that way for part of the trip.;)

• 2 months later...
Swing through Trenton MO and I'll lead the convoy to Rochester. Stops in Indianola IA and Albert Lea MN for fuel on US-65/69.

Please note my new location of Topeka KS. I lost my job in November, but found a better one in Topeka KS. I don't actually start until 1/09/2011, but have found an apartment for the interim. My wife will be staying in Missouri until the house sells, or she finds a full-time job in Topeka. Any one planning on stopping in Trenton MO on their way to Rochester MN for Labour Day weekend is still welcome to do so, but I, unfortunately, will not be able to lead the convoy. I, also, will be unable to attend. New job = no vacation.

HHHHHHMMMMMMMMMM, Ed, you started my mental wheels to start turning........here is an e- letter I just sent to my cousins in Apple Valley,MN.............

Hi Wendy and Cliff, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I was just reading some posts on my Yahoo Plymouth/Dodge Forum and one of the guys, who lives near Stillwater, was telling everyone to set aside Labor Day weekend, 2011, for a National Plymouth Owners Club non judging Meet Up, in Rochester, MN. I was just thinking about a grand plan in regards to seeing my family and enjoying my roots states while driving my 1946 PLYWOOD Plymouth. What if I could afford to have my car hauled to MN, in time for the "BACK TO THE FIFTIES" car show, leave it with you guys and come back to do it all over again Labor Day Weekend, 2011? It is too hot in AZ to even drive the old car or pickup. I would be quite happy to have you guys use the car for going to car shows, etc, while it was in your keeping. I don't drive it as an every day car, due to the collector car insurance guidelines. I could even get a "rider" on my insurance to cover you guys to store and drive it for those months. Eventually, I'll get it hauled back to AZ, but I am not getting any younger, so it would be a grand gift to myself, for sure. Any way, what do you all think of my idea, so far?

Great! I have always been a big history fan of Jesse James because of the Great Northfield, MN, robbery, by the James-Younger Gang. Maybe if you research Jesse Jame's possible contacts in the area, it might explain the Coatney connection.

Your mention of Stillwater reminded me of this letter written ny my Great Uncle George Combe Coatney. His mention of the Younger boys is in reference to the outlaw partners of Jesse James. I have not been able to find out how GC Coatney came to know these guys.

• 6 months later...

Registration info. Please note the hotel has changed from LaQuinta to America Best value inn and suites. Supposed to have the same #. Anyone have trouble let me know and I'll investigate.

http://www.plymouthbulletin.com/2011FallmeetL.pdf