Save the date

Young Ed

I'm not saying why yet but everyone needs to mark next labor day weekend down as being busy. 8-30 to 9-4

Does this have anything to do with the survey sent to the POC regions a few weeks ago? About being interested in attending a non-judged meet?

• 2 weeks later...

Its official. Our tall pines region will be hosting a national touring meet. There will be no judging. It will be centered around Rochester MN 8/30-9/4/2011. Will be a great time. I hope lots of you can attend. Fred here's the time for you to take that big trip in the Chrysler!

Edited by Young Ed
spelling

Its official. Our tall pines region will be hosting a national touring meet. There will be no judging. It will be centered around Rochestor MN 8/30-9/4/2011. Will be a great time. I hope lots of you can attend. Fred here's the time for you to take that big trip in the Chrysler!

I've added this to the Golden State Region's calendar under "other events". I was going to link to the Tall Pines Region's web site but the link I have http://www.geocities.com/tallpinesplymouth is no longer valid. Does your region have a web site at the moment?

Google claims its 2040 miles each way for me, so there is a pretty good chance that I will not make it. I can do 500 miles/day but 300/day is easier to endure in the old car. So that would mean about a week each way and then the week of the tour. Pretty sure I can't get that much time...

Ed;

Where exactly is Rochestor, MN? Is it near Rochester, MN? Looks like around 850miles for me.

Ya I'm sure they are one in the same. I went back and fixed my post. So we'll see you next summer?

Mapquest says Rochester is 558 miles from Joplin, MO.....about an 8 1/2

hour drive. If driving an old, slow P15 it would take probably another

4 or 5 hours. (Of course, I'm speaking of my car since I know there are

faster, more highway worthy examples of the make on here.)

Young Ed, Have you picked a host hotel? This would be a good one.

I didn't pick it exactly but our club has one. Its a LaQuinta. Reservation info will be coming out soon. I'll be posting it here as I know it.

We checked quite a few. Some of them were too much in town where you'd have to park in a ramp. Others only had 60-70 rooms. This one sounds like a good deal from what we've heard from them so far. Very accomidating of our large group.

Mapquest says Rochester is 558 miles from Joplin, MO.....about an 8 1/2

hour drive. If driving an old, slow P15 it would take probably another

4 or 5 hours. (Of course, I'm speaking of my car since I know there are

faster, more highway worthy examples of the make on here.)

I go about 50 mph my self in my '46 more door, but she knows the way to Rochester. Trenton's not a big town, but it does have a hotel (Country Inn) on US-65 and a motel (Lakeside Motel) on MO-6, as well as a bed & breakfast (Hyde Mansion). When we have visitors at work, many stay in nearby Chillicothe.

When we go to Rochester in an old car, we take US-65. Stops in Indianola IA, and Albert Lea MN, before getting to Rochester. US-65 and US-69 merge south of Indianola, and split in Des Moines. I sometimes miss the turn, but US-69 and US-65 both go to Albert Lea MN; US-69 on the west side, and US-65 on the east side.

LaQuinta is on the south end of Rochester on US-63. It is a nice hotel. We went to a wedding reception there in June.

I am sure it is a nice hotel. I am partial to Marriott as I spent a lot of nights in Marriott hotels when I was traveling for work. So now I have a lot of rewards points in the bank and this equates to free rooms. So my motive is selfish.

I am sure it is a nice hotel. I am partial to Marriott as I spent a lot of nights in Marriott hotels when I was traveling for work. So now I have a lot of rewards points in the bank and this equates to free rooms. So my motive is selfish.

I don't think any one would fault you for spending your alone time at the Marriott. I've been to many conferences and conventions where I stayed some where other than the host hotel. In fact, I can't think of any time where I did stay at the recommended location. While I did grow up in the area, so I'm biased, I have never struggled or felt nervous driving my '46 in Rochester. Your car with its modifications should have no difficulties whatsoever making such a trip. You'll probably get bored loping along @ 50 mph behind an "old fogey" like me.