Monster MoPar Drag Races

1949P17BC

Yes, my 49 Business Coupe will back at this years Monster Mopar Nostalgic drag races. Five plus years since I first put it together, three national meets, Indy, Charlotte and Detroit, 2 Monster Mopar drag races. So it was time for a little clean up.

Just completed some major rebuild/repairs

Rear Leaf springs and shackle bushing

Rebuilt my OD transmission, chipped second gear

Clean and resurface clutch and pressure plate

R/R front wheel cylinders and brakes

New Rhode Island Wiring Harness

Stripped the motor and engine bay, repaint to the orginal color's

Clean and Rebuilt both carbs

Points and Condensor

Need to break that 19.2 record I set!!!!

Did you get a little inspiration from Cap'n Fred's German drag racing. Hey put about 45 lbs of air in the front tires at the strip, I bettin you'll see 18.99 and 63.5 MPH.

Some shorter rear tires will help the old ET also. Got some 205 70's????

To bad there will be no fords around to humiliate.

Yes it is at Gateway, Not sure of the enry fee, I have seat belts in my business coupe, but they never really teched my car, the only thing I know for sure they made me add is a catch can for the radiator overflow.. My times are 19.29 but my mph was 69-71? Not sure how that all happens. I like to get their on Friday for practice and I can get in 6-8 passes easy, then on Saturday lots of cars, and then I think Sunday is the big shoot out! We will see

Went by Gateway raceway this afternoon. I had to come up to Granite City on business today and looked like they are going to have quite a lot of drag racers. Saw a few cars heading to the car show too. Noticed a '41 Plymouth enroute on a trailer. I may have to check this show out sometime.

Good luck at the drags Mark, hope it doesn't rain too much this weekend.

Here is a website with more info. http://www.monstermopar.com/

Looks like $20 a person for spectators, per day.