Some People

mrbobs48

I bought my 48 plymouth a few weeks ago. 2nd owner said it need brakes and a right rear cylinder. Took off the rear wheels off today to paint them, here is what I found. Yeah the brake line twisted off hanging, backing plate bent. I fiqured some kind of puller was use instead of the right one. Guess I will bend the lip back on the backing plate. If you don't know what you are doing just take it somewhere. Damm some people. I have the right puller that was made for me by a machinist. I order new shoes , springs and clips from Andy Bethbaum auto parts. WOW all parts were at my door 2 days later thats what I call fast from Newton Mass. to Oklahoma city. They have my business from now on. I always buy a manual before I work on one of my old cars. I wish other folks would too before they try to work on a old car. Sorry about the rant.

you might want to temper your enthusiams for A B a bit. He can sometimes be very cantankerous. Make sure you parts are exactly correct before installing them, especially the wheel cyliders. A lot of his stuff has be recieved with dry brittle rubber. Save your praise fro if and when you need to call back with a problem.

Good luck with your brake rebuild. On the main page of the P15 D 24 site that hosts this forum is a good how to on adjusting them. A proper adjustment is criticle to a good firm pedal and properly working system.