My hub WILL NOT come off!!!!!

dynaflash_8

So i fixed my transmission. WHOO!

But now, i need to pull the rear brake drum off on the passenger side.

I know you need a puller so i built this from 1/4 inch plate. The bolt head is 1-1/8th.

0903100054a.jpg

Only problem is that this thing WILL NOT COME OFF :mad:

Iv tried kroil, heat, cooling, gental tapping, harsh tapping, breaker bar, and finally a big impact until it actually stress cracked my puller.

A simple request...

HELP!:eek:

Looks like a good idea as to a puller, but you might need a good strong piece of 3/4" sucker rod, or heavy bar steel welded to your big bolt to make a cross bar that you can hit on the end to gain a whole lot more shock factor. Just turning a nut with a wrench is probably not going to get it done. You need a heavy hammer shock to break it loose. Joel

i broke my first puller, too, as it was too small.

try to borrow a really big one or buy a used one on the bay!

got mine for about 50$, with three big arm and a dogbone to

use the hammer on (BFH, as i learned here:eek:)

i had to hit the left side for about two days, wrecked a hammer

and went through several attempts to simply burn the car.

then it came loose like a gunshot, and since then, i only have

to take the puller out of its box and it comes off right away.:D

seriously, it's an act of blunt force.

good luck! you'll make it!

fred

20100903183204779_gtxolfhkgr.jpg

Edited by Cpt.Fred

Just keep banging it will come off!!! It took me two weeks to get my left rear hub off. I even bent the hub,check out my posts.

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=17863&highlight=Left+rear+brake+drum

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=17960&highlight=Left+rear+brake+drum

I fya don't have apuller like the one above...you can get it off by putting a long bolt through one of the lug holes of same thread, make sure it hits the plate inside and not any parts that can be crushed, tighten it down and keep going..hitting it with the hammer till it comes off. Worked for me.

I had one stuck on my 48, full power with a 300 ft lb impact wouldn't knock it off, same with hammering. I tried the leverage thing, loosened up the wheel bolts a bit, impacted the main screw in, then impacted the wheel lugs, tightened the first one, poped off like a gunshot. the leverage is what did it.

well i rented the puller from autozone and that lasted all of about 10 seconds. Went back, fixed the one i built, gave it another go with my big impact, and got it as tight as i could. No go.

So i got pissed.

Got a sledge and wacked the puller bolt figured im either gonna break it or its coming off.

2 pretty good smacks, and SNAP!

that thing shot off. :eek:

WHOOHOO!:D

well i rented the puller from autozone and that lasted all of about 10 seconds. Went back, fixed the one i built, gave it another go with my big impact, and got it as tight as i could. No go.

So i got pissed.

Got a sledge and wacked the puller bolt figured im either gonna break it or its coming off.

2 pretty good smacks, and snap!

That thing shot off. :eek:

Whoohoo!:D

sweeet success!!!!!

BFH has to happen, I have heard conflicting reports, but I pounded on mine, got a good load on it, added a little heat with a shot wd40 (the heat will cause the lube to suck in) another smack with the BFH and POW!!!! off she came. I too add a little grease. (sometime you can have the shaft too clean)