low oild pressure when hot

Has the engine been refreshed on the lower end (bearings)? Oil leaking around worn bearings will lead to low oil pressure as the oil warms. I've got a Worthington tractor with the same symptons- and I know the bottom end is tired, but that's a project for another day. up. Mike

A higher viscosity number oil might help. What is the oil pressure while driving with a hot engine? As long as it's up around 40 psi while driving you'll be fine. It may be down around 5 or 10 psi at idle, which is difficult to read on the gauge. If that's the case keep driving it until it gets worse or you determine it's time for an overhaul for other reasons.

Merle

A higher viscosity number oil might help. What is the oil pressure while driving with a hot engine? As long as it's up around 40 psi while driving you'll be fine. It may be down around 5 or 10 psi at idle, which is difficult to read on the gauge. If that's the case keep driving it until it gets worse or you determine it's time for an overhaul for other reasons.

Merle

thats the way my 49 runs. no problems and goes down the road great. :)

Merle

only issue is i only get about 5-10 minutes of driving at a time, only going about 25 tops. im not quite legal yet, so i dont stay out for long or go on main roads

Ok....so I HAD the exact same issue you did...the key word being HAD now...I'm only 30 mins past blowing the engine up in my 50 1 ton....rod went right through the oil pan and all....and to be 100% honest...it ran like a dream right up until it blew, excpet for as soon as it got hot the oil pressure went super low.

I would expect that the oil was getting past the bearings and other spots and I was on a highway trip home "thank god" and got within a mile of my turn when it happened.

If you want to keep that motor in useable shape...investigate more..or be prepared for worst case scenario...