wiring

richards47deluxe

If you do not have a shop manual for your car, you need to get one if no other reason than to get a copy of the wiring diagram. Since you have had trouble with wiring in the past, I would suggest to not get premade wire looms in that it is easier to do one wire at a time than it is to install a premade loom. Some do not like generators due to limited output. There is at least one outfit that makes a 6 Volt alternator which can be fitted to your car. Enjoy

Richard: Bet you didn't expect so much.;) That is what is GREAT about this forum, members range from old school to rods and respect each other. Lots of good ideas, determinine what YOU WANT and follow the posts that lead you in that direction. That is what I did and it's been successful for me. :)

...and they provide excellent instructions. Was very easy to install. Just be sure and take lots of digital pics of the original before taking it out and it's a no-brainer putting the new one in since Y n Z uses all the same patterns and colors as the original. BTW, their wire has modern insulation which is then covered in their cloth braiding. Very nice product, but of course it is expensive so not for everyone. Best of luck whichever way you go!

Edited by David Maxwell
typo