P15 Turn Signal Indicator

Black Widow

There was some discussion in another post about the Plymouth signal indicators. I took a photo of the one on my car. I was hoping if you guys could tell me if this was a factory set-up or if it is aftermarket. The signal housing on the column has a bakelite cover and knob that is a pretty close match to the dash knobs. I never really thought about this being factory, I just assumed it was aftermarket. What's the verdict?

post-2875-13585356471908_thumb.jpg

post-2875-13585356472376_thumb.jpg

I've got the indicator on the dash of a parts car I bought but it didn't come with the signal lever.

I've got everything but that piece if you wish to part with it.

...factory original options. Yours is correct, however, the Plymouth would have been painted brown to match the steering column and center of dash.packageshelf23.jpg

There was some discussion in another post about the Plymouth signal indicators. I took a photo of the one on my car. I was hoping if you guys could tell me if this was a factory set-up or if it is aftermarket. The signal housing on the column has a bakelite cover and knob that is a pretty close match to the dash knobs. I never really thought about this being factory, I just assumed it was aftermarket. What's the verdict?

...factory original options. Yours is correct, however, the Plymouth would have been painted brown to match the steering column and center of dash.packageshelf23.jpg

An interesting picture. I see no evidence of the steel ring that would be in a groove on the backside of the steering wheel, and even if it was there the turn signal assembly would have to be much higher on the steering column for the steel ring to contact the wheels inside the switch that are the cancelling mechanism.

Marty

Marty, everything was just placed on loosely in that picture for a test. As you can see, there are wires hanging loose and no flooring in yet and the steering wheel isn't even bolted on yet.

An interesting picture. I see no evidence of the steel ring that would be in a groove on the backside of the steering wheel, and even if it was there the turn signal assembly would have to be much higher on the steering column for the steel ring to contact the wheels inside the switch that are the cancelling mechanism.

Marty

I've got everything but that piece if you wish to part with it.

Sorry ED but I'm gonna use it in my coupe. If I ever let it go I'll keep you in mind. Still cant get that carb that you wanted off that intake, darnedest thing I've ever seen. The carb now has alot of little peck dents at all 4 corners but still wont budge! Just been out in the weather to long.