Our new 1947 Plymouth Special Deluxe Coupe

kbuhagiar

Greetings from South San Francisco, CA!

We just joined the P15-D24 forum a few days ago, right after the purchase of our 1947 Plymouth Special Deluxe 2-Door Coupe. Hope everyone doesn't mind one that's not completely original!

It features a 350 Corvette TPI engine, Turbo 350 transmission, Nova front end with power discs, 10-bolt rear with 3.55 Posi, killer paint job, custom interior, tilt wheel, louvered hood, custom gas filler, plus lots of other little goodies throughout.

After many years and (too) many cars, this is our first Plymouth. Looking forward to lots of fun, driving and tinkering with our latest toy!

Scan8_0008.jpg

Scan7_0007.jpg

Scan9_0009.jpg

Scan24_0024.jpg

Nice car........good to see its still wearing all its jewellery, as for the C--v engine, thats o/k, I'm sure that theres someone who will take pity on you & swap an old flathead for that shiney engine............lol.........nah seriously this is a great forum, really great bunch who generally appreciate most styles of car, the main thing is its being used & driven.........anyway Welcome from downunder.........see, they even tolerate us crazy Aussies..........lol.....regards, Andyd(these pair are my mopars)

post-1938-13585356397668_thumb.jpg

post-1938-13585356398043_thumb.jpg

Beautiful car. Looks like it has been put together very well. Nice they left the stainless, (except for the rocker trims). Hood louvers aren't over done, as is done many times, in my opinion. I don't doubt but that you are going to really enjoy this car. Have any pictures of the interior?

Welcome to the forum. Joel

Hello. Welcome. Nice looking car. Perhaps similar in color to the

original color, available on convertible only.......Sumac Red.

I like the fact the previous owner left the stainless trim.....still

looks like a 47 Plymouth should.

Most would probably have preferred Mopar running gear but we can't have everything. It is a nice loking Mopar still on the road and that is a good thing. Looks like whoever put it together did a craftsman like job. And it certainly presents well. Enjoy the heck out of it.

Welcome.

Beautiful car. Looks like it has been put together very well. Nice they left the stainless, (except for the rocker trims). Hood louvers aren't over done, as is done many times, in my opinion. I don't doubt but that you are going to really enjoy this car. Have any pictures of the interior?

Welcome to the forum. Joel

One of the first things that attracted us to this car was the fact that, although there are some subtle custom changes to the exterior (hidden gas filler, louvers, side mirrors), it still retains the magnificence of its original style.

Interior:

Scan12_0012.jpg

Scan14_0014.jpg

Scan15_0015.jpg

Scan16_0016.jpg

Scan17_0017.jpg

Nice looking car! I particularly like the wheel package; am I right that the rears are a larger diameter than the fronts?

Marty

Good eye, Marty. If I recall correctly, the fronts are 14 x 7, and the rears are 15 x 8.

I like the fact the previous owner left the stainless trim.....still

looks like a 47 Plymouth should.

We do too. The body still retains those magnificent styling cues. And the stainless trim, and the bumpers, are in fantastic condition - another bonus.

Welcome to the forum. Former San Francisco native now living in Modesto, also with 48 ply cpe w 350 chevy. Our cars are very similar except for color, right down to the louvres. Hope to see you around one of these days. George

Thanks, George, wish we were in Modesto for the last couple of weeks, as it's been $#% freezing here in the Bay Area (even more so than usual).

We sure could use some of that Modesto sunshine! :cool:

Silly question... but

do you have to smog that car? It's registered as a 47 so is the engine exempt? Just curious.

Thank goodness no...at least I don't think so. When I went to register it they didn't ask me about the engine, and I sure wasn't going to volunteer any information! I believe everything before 1975 is exempt from smog here in CA.