Photos

1940plymouth

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Benjamin Foxen's home (about 5 miles from my home) where Foxen met with General Fremont and lead his troops over San Marcos Pass, thereby bypassing the Spanish forces at Gaviota Pass. The Americans were able to march into the Presidio in Santa Barbara (then capital of California) and defeat the Spanish army without a shot being fired.Foxen-1-web-1.jpg

Tonight, my uncle from New Zealand visited me and gave me copies of some old photographs that he discovered from a recently passed away family member. Included in the photos (scanned from old 35mm slides) was a couple of my old car, with me as a little bloke.

Taken in 1980 when I was 8 - I reckon Dad had had the car only for about a year or so when taken... I'm so happy to have some photos of when this car first entered into my family - 30 years ago!

Rob.

post-2291-13585356516623_thumb.jpg

post-2291-13585356517329_thumb.jpg

Ms. Plympton, our '33 PC coupe, showing off her new red shoes, 16" '34 Plymouth wires, (egads, what a difference in handling!) Also now strutting the "correct" tail light stands from NC Industries, but cannot yet find '33 tail light buckets, (rare?) No worries, the F%##% look okay for a driver, me thinks. She's ready to finish the summer 'fore some more work this fall and winter, (provided she stays in retirement here in NC. And, yes, Todd, I saved the 17" wires and bias plies.) :D GA

post-6977-13585356564012_thumb.jpg

post-6977-13585356565112_thumb.jpg

but cannot yet find '33 tail light buckets, (rare?) :D GA

I don't know if you have seen them but there is a seller on eBay who regularly offers the '33-'34 repo tail light units (my '41 Plymouth wagon uses the same units). Not cheap, "buy it now" price is $250. They show up when I search "193* Plymouth." I found original ones for my car on eBay for less but took some time. The passenger side one is the really hard one.

Your car is beautiful.

Jim Yergin

Ms. Plympton, our '33 PC coupe, showing off her new red shoes, 16" '34 Plymouth wires, (egads, what a difference in handling!) Also now strutting the "correct" tail light stands from NC Industries, but cannot yet find '33 tail light buckets, (rare?) No worries, the F%##% look okay for a driver, me thinks. She's ready to finish the summer 'fore some more work this fall and winter, (provided she stays in retirement here in NC. And, yes, Todd, I saved the 17" wires and bias plies.) :D GA

16 inch wheels were an option in 1933. :)

I've considered going to 16 inch wheels because the tire selection for 17 inch is pretty small and the last two sets of tires I've gotten had pretty bad balance problems that I know was the tires and not the wheels. Turns out that both sets, even though different brands, had codes on them that indicated they came out of the same Denman plant so maybe it was just that manufacturer. Apparently Denman went bankrupt last January, so it is unlikely that I will get another badly balanced set of tires from them.