New Member With a Few Questions

I am a new member to this website. I will be eligible for my learner's permit in a little over a year. A few years ago, we got a 1950 B2B. My older brothers completely stripped it to the frame. My dad and I have been working on it, but we just started. As of now, we have the rear axle, and wheels on, and will be getting the front brakes done this weekend. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on the re-assembly order. Also, I was wondering if there are any books out there that will help us with the re-assembly.

I'll post a picture of my project when I figure out how.

Welcome aboard.

When I assembled my truck I got the engine and trans into the chassis and made it runable. You can then get the brakes working, since the master cylinder mounts to the bell housing. Also, get the fuel tank mounted and plumbed up. Now set the cab back on, followed by the front clip. Wire it all up, mount the bed and just like that, Bob's your uncle and you're driving it.

OK, so it's not that easy, but we're here to help. A Shop Manual is also a big help. I took plenty of pictures as I disassembled, which I'm guessing you don't have. Those pictures helped during the reassembly process. When questions come up just ask. One of us has probably been there and has a picture to help.

Merle

I would add to use all new brake lines, fuel lines and would recommend rebuilding the master and replacing the wheel cylinders. The old stuff isn't reliable anymore. Also clean the fuel tank before you put it on and it won't hurt to put a kit in the fuel pump either. The new gas doesn't like the the rubber used back when. Doing these things now will probably save you some frustration down the road.

Welcome to the forum and ask about anything you're not sure of.

Reprinted shop manuals are availabel froma number of sources and should be a must have. There are usually a couple posted on ebay all the time. Also if you can find a parts manual, they are helpfull because they contain drawings of exploded assemblies which are very helpfull in reassembling things. If you are going to the expense of rebuilding the front brkes as you reassemble, you might want to think about upgradig to discs. Probably the same cost as new parts for the old system. Check out member Old Daddy's adapter pieces at www.rustyhope.com. His adapter alows you to replace the drums with off the shelf components that do away with the finicky adjustment, and provide better stopping power of the old drum system.

Good luck with your project. it is good to hear that a Father/Son activity is going on.

Can be frustrating but also very rewarding.

Hey, by the way... What part of the world are you in? Maybe there's a member near by that can offer some assistance, or a completed truck to look at for reference. I know that helped me in my assembly process.

Merle

We live in Pipe Creek, Texas . It is about 40 miles northwest of San Antonio

Hey welcome! Another Pilothouse in the Lone Star state. There may be someone closer, but I'm in Dallas and have two B3B's, one an assembled driver and one just starting to go back together. You're welcome to ask questions, or come see the driver as a guide to how it all fits together.

Welcome aboard.

When I assembled my truck I got the engine and trans into the chassis and made it runable. You can then get the brakes working, since the master cylinder mounts to the bell housing. Also, get the fuel tank mounted and plumbed up. Now set the cab back on, followed by the front clip. Wire it all up, mount the bed and just like that, Bob's your uncle and you're driving it.

OK, so it's not that easy, but we're here to help. A Shop Manual is also a big help. I took plenty of pictures as I disassembled, which I'm guessing you don't have. Those pictures helped during the reassembly process. When questions come up just ask. One of us has probably been there and has a picture to help.

Merle

And I had to go look up "Bob's your uncle" as I did not remember hearing that one before: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob's_your_uncle

lol.....me too Don....I followed Tod's link. I've seen the phrase used a few times on the forum. I just figured it was something you guys east of the rockies said.:D

48D