OT: California P15-D24 Owners/Members

fedoragent

I'm from Mountain View which is between S.F. and San Jose. Sorry my ride is a little "too new" but it's still a flathead.

Ken03.jpg

I see this is your first post, welcome to the forum, I am in Mt. View also. Nice to see another early Mopar around.

If your up to it there is a Chrysler event this Sunday up by Antioch and Sacramento. Open invite to all mopars. Send me a note if interested.

And I cant place that picture location?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see this is your first post, welcome to the forum, I am in Mt. View also. Nice to see another early Mopar around.

If your up to it there is a Chrysler event this Sunday up by Antioch and Sacramento. Open invite to all mopars. Send me a note if interested.

And I cant place that picture location?

Hi jd52cranbrook. Thanks for the welcome. Just found this forum from another member who also posts over at Stationwagons forum.

The reason you can't place the photo location is because it was taken at my workplace in Redwood City.

Don't think me or the Plymouth are up to any trips just yet. I had it sitting for several years and even though I started it periodically, it had really bad brakes, electrical problems and a rotted out exhaust.

All that has now been corrected but there are still some minor bugs to work out and since it's been years since I drove it regularly I still don't know if I really trust it for any distance driving yet.

Actually, it's kind of like getting reaquainted with an old friend.

I'm from Mountain View which is between S.F. and San Jose. Sorry my ride is a little "too new" but it's still a flathead.

No need at all to apologize for your car being too new. Something flathead powered like that is totally welcome here. Nice wagon

Ken03.jpg

The September central coast get together is wrapped around the Golden State Region, Plymouth Owners Club annual meeting. Your Plymouth looks like it is 25 years old or older to me. :)

If you want to have something a little more local, we will be doing a winery tour in the Santa Cruz mountains in a week and a half. Open to any Plymouth. Actually on our last tour we had a Model A Ford come along. So I guess we are open to any old car.

...and we're still trying to get a better estimate on the number of rooms needed and how many nights. I'm trying to get a block of rooms reserved for Fri and Sat night Sept 17th and 18th. I live here and don't need a hotel, but I'm actually considering staying in one of the historic rooms. So far, excluding myself, I only have 4 rooms committed for Fri and 2 or 3 for Sat. Several people have indicated they are driving in and out Saturday and won't need a room, but many haven't responded or are waiting to hear about others responses. If everyone waits for the next person, it's gonna be real difficult to get the prices down. Please, if you're planning on attending and staying at the SM Inn Fri/Sat or both, let me know ASAP. You can email me at fortyseven.plym@verizon.net

Thanks and hope to see you there!

David

I spoke with the General Manager. Turns out he owns a 1969 Plymouth!! He has offered us a discounted rate for Sept 17th and/or 18th of $109 per night. If you would like a room reserved, please contact the Santa Maria Inn at (805) 928-7777 and let them know you are with the Golden State Region Plymouth Owners Club. We will have our meeting Saturday following a cruise up to Pismo Beach. You can book a room for Friday, Saturday or both at that rate.

Hope to see you there!

David

There was probably a miscommunication but my wife just called the Inn and the person she talked to never heard of the Golden State Region Plymouth Owner's Club.

Is there someone special we need to speak to?

We're going anyway.

d-

Here is the email I received from the General Manager:

Dear Mr. Maxwell,

I have created a block of rooms for your group titled Golden State Region Plymouth Owners Club. Please have your guests call in and identify themselves with this group in order to get the group room rate. With regards to your reservations you listed on your e-mail I have entered each of these for the dates indicated. The corresponding confirmation numbers are Amos 498297, Coady 498299, Desimore 498296, Wilson 498300, and Jordan 498298. All reservations are set as indicated on your list. Please call me with changes or cancellations.

Email me directly at fortyseven.plym@verizon.net if you have a problem.

• 3 weeks later...