OT: California P15-D24 Owners/Members

fedoragent

Hi everyone! Haven't been around for awhile, but heard there was interest in meeting in CA. We in the Golden State Region POC are setting the date for our annual September meeting. As always, some will have conflicts with just about any date we pick, but I'm thinking that Sept 18-19 would be great for a couple of reasons: 1. It seems to be a date most can meet and 2. It's the date for the annual Pismo Beach Motorcycle Classic! This event commemorates the 1929 rally in Pismo from the famous photo by W.E.M Rolly. I plan on driving my P15 up for the club meeting and riding my Harley there for the reenactment photo on the 19th. How many would be interested in this event and/or date?Pismo-MC-classic.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi David,

The 18th of September for the meeting works for me. :)

How is lodging in the area for that weekend with the motorcycle event happening at the same time?

Are you going to post it on the region web site's event page?

Hi Tod. I was looking for a little feedback first. I think the Pismo area is probably already booked pretty solid. I think the Santa Maria Inn may be the place to stay and then take the back way into Pismo. The drive is scenic and pretty short. About 14 minutes. Even Santa Maria will fill up fairly soon so we do need to make a decision on this pretty quick.

Hi David,

The 18th of September for the meeting works for me. :)

How is lodging in the area for that weekend with the motorcycle event happening at the same time?

Are you going to post it on the region web site's event page?

OK... I got feedback from the Golden State Region members and from several here on the forum. Here's the tentative plan pending contact with the hotel:

1. Meet headquarters will be the Historic Santa Maria Inn, in... you guessed it...Santa Maria, CA. Pismo Beach is approx 19 miles north. I called a few places in Pismo and, as you can guess, they're already booked for that weekend. This is OK because....

2. The cruise from Santa Maria to Pismo via Guadalupe, Oceano, AG is scenic and pretty quick.

3. We should be able to secure a nice meeting area at the Santa Maria Inn.

A. Meet at the Inn Saturday

B. Caravan to Pismo via route above

C. Enjoy sites and bikes... vintage and new

D. Cruise back to Inn for club meeting

E. Sunday Breakfast at the Inn or optional site to be determined

F. Optional Sunday activities to be determined.

More info to follow as details get worked out.

I think you ought to change that name to the So Cal Golden State Region, everything is in Southern California.

I'm not complaining mind you, there is tons of stuff to do up here. Just thought it would be a good idea to state what it really is.

Edited by jd52cranbrook

Hello Folks,

I'm back from getting married and now I am ready to get back to the real world doing things again. :) I am great with meeting up with the Golden State folks in fact I look forward to it. I would, however prefer to meet up with Socal folks in late August before we go on out to Santa Maria that way I can become familiar with you folks. And not only that but meet people, share a meal and of course an appreciation for cars. I saw that someone earlier indicated that they would be up for that. I'd like to get buy in/consensus by end of this week if possible. Please advise.

Regards,

Jon

OK... I got feedback from the Golden State Region members and from several here on the forum. Here's the tentative plan pending contact with the hotel:

1. Meet headquarters will be the Historic Santa Maria Inn, in... you guessed it...Santa Maria, CA. Pismo Beach is approx 19 miles north. I called a few places in Pismo and, as you can guess, they're already booked for that weekend. This is OK because....

2. The cruise from Santa Maria to Pismo via Guadalupe, Oceano, AG is scenic and pretty quick.

3. We should be able to secure a nice meeting area at the Santa Maria Inn.

A. Meet at the Inn Saturday

B. Caravan to Pismo via route above

C. Enjoy sites and bikes... vintage and new

D. Cruise back to Inn for club meeting

E. Sunday Breakfast at the Inn or optional site to be determined

F. Optional Sunday activities to be determined.

More info to follow as details get worked out.

I think you ought to change that name to the So Cal Golden State Region, everything is in Southern California.

I'm not complaining mind you, there is tons of stuff to do up here. Just thought it would be a good idea to state what it really is.

The Pescadero tour last week was out of the Menlo Park area. The Santa Cruz winery tour this month will be out of the South Bay, probably Saratoga or Los Gatos. Once I figure out the exact route the events page on the region web site will be updated.

http://goldenstate.ply33.com/events

Hello Folks,

I would, however prefer to meet up with Socal folks in late August before we go on out to Santa Maria that way I can become familiar with you folks. And not only that but meet people, share a meal and of course an appreciation for cars. I saw that someone earlier indicated that they would be up for that. I'd like to get buy in/consensus by end of this week if possible. Please advise.

Regards,

Jon

That's sounds like a plan to me. Other then here, how many of us have ever spoken to one another... A SoCal pre-meet would be a good idea.. Now, where and when?

That's sounds like a plan to me. Other then here, how many of us have ever spoken to one another... A SoCal pre-meet would be a good idea.. Now, where and when?

How does Bob's Big Boy in Burbank on a Friday night?

Jon

The Pescadero tour last week was out of the Menlo Park area. The Santa Cruz winery tour this month will be out of the South Bay, probably Saratoga or Los Gatos. Once I figure out the exact route the events page on the region web site will be updated.

http://goldenstate.ply33.com/events

I hope this one is still in the works,

Western Railroad Museum Tour

Southern Cal, Bay Area, Nor Cal

That is actually a California Chrysler Products Club event that the POC members are invited to. As far as I know it is still on.

On one of my visits to San Francisco a couple years back forum member James Douglas picked me up at my hotel in his 47 Desoto and carried me to the Western Railroad Museum. I actually got to drive one of the electric trollies.

sf1.jpg

driving4.jpg

driving1.jpg

Gents,

I'm really happy that this thread has taken off. Let's meet in a couple of weeks, perhaps late August, the 27th perhaps at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank. If you're in the area and you're up for meeting, please let me know. I hope that my P15 will be ready by then. I needed to get the transmission boot and seals today. It should be fine hopefully. If not, it would be a pleasure to meet you folks.

Jon

I don't know how this sort of thing works but would it be worth it if we all stayed at the Santa Maria Inn if there might be a chance for some sort of discount. My wife was checking on line and their room rate is $119. Perhaps we could get some sort of volume rate.

Just checking.

thoughts?

d-

I am doing a photo shoot of a 20 yr high school reunion this weekend at the Santa Maria Inn. They gave a discount to the reunion committee. Of course they may expect to get a firm number of travelers before they offer a discount.

I will be talking to the SM Inn tomorrow about room rates for Sept 17th and 18th for those planning on joining us for our annual meeting and cruise. It would help a lot if you let me know your are planning on attending as the room rate should get better the more rooms I ask them to reserve.

Thanks!

David

I don't know how this sort of thing works but would it be worth it if we all stayed at the Santa Maria Inn if there might be a chance for some sort of discount. My wife was checking on line and their room rate is $119. Perhaps we could get some sort of volume rate.

Just checking.

thoughts?

d-

I will be talking to the SM Inn tomorrow about room rates for Sept 17th and 18th for those planning on joining us for our annual meeting and cruise. It would help a lot if you let me know your are planning on attending as the room rate should get better the more rooms I ask them to reserve.

Thanks!

David

David,

Did you talk with the SM hotel and did they give you anymore information?

Thanks,

Jon

Gents,

I'm really happy that this thread has taken off. Let's meet in a couple of weeks, perhaps late August, the 27th perhaps at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank. If you're in the area and you're up for meeting, please let me know. I hope that my P15 will be ready by then. I needed to get the transmission boot and seals today. It should be fine hopefully. If not, it would be a pleasure to meet you folks.

Jon

My interior is out now, but may have it back by then. Count me in..Send out a reminder though

Does this still look like it might happen? :)

This meeting is a week before my vacation, but Karen and I go to the Central Coast regularly. I have never driven the Woodie there because I am always worried about my 60 year old car dying on the way up there :eek:. I am feeling pretty good about the old beast now though, so I will try to attend.

By the way, there is now a Bob's Big Boy :D in Morro Bay, which is a little less than an hour North of Santa Maria and Morro Bay itslef is a quaint smallish fishing town. Might be a fun run from SM to Morro Bay Bob's. I bet if we plan it right, they'll section off a peice of parking lot for us.

Just a suggestion.