OT: California P15-D24 Owners/Members

fedoragent

Folks,

I've been curious at how many Northern and Southern Californians we have on P15-D24. In another thread we've spoken about in September getting together and throwing a caravan to the Golden State Plymouth Owners meeting. Before, then if anyone would like to meet up, please let me know. However, I'd like to start this thread so that we know of other folks in our areas. I'm rather tired of going to events, seeing one MoPar in Socal and the rest are Ford and Chevy. So, I'll start.

Jon AKA FedoraGent, 1947 Plymouth Club Coupe, Special Deluxe

Pasadena, CA

35659_1527880159895_1321415038_3139.jpg

FG.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the SF Bay Area. Like you there are a small number of the 40s-50s Mopars at events, but more are showing up.

I have heard there are lots of early Mopars in the Fresno area for some reason. I do know Antique Auto Parts in Niles has a yard out there of strictly Mopar, maybe that is why.:confused:

Niles like in Fremont? I had my first place there.

I am in the SF Bay Area. Like you there are a small number of the 40s-50s Mopars at events, but more are showing up.

I have heard there are lots of early Mopars in the Fresno area for some reason. I do know Antique Auto Parts in Niles has a yard out there of strictly Mopar, maybe that is why.:confused:

I'm in San Leandro. Right now my engine is apart, waiting for some new valves. Hopefully will be together in a few weeks.

I've never taken my car on a trip, since every time I have tried it has found a new trick to play on me, but maybe I should try to venture out of my comfort zone a little ......

Marty

I just went up north (Sacramento to San Francisco back to LA) - at 55 mph it takes a little longer but I'm ready for a meet. Fresno is about 1/2 way. Problem is some of the MoPars I've seen look like they are a little quicker than my poor 218.

I just went up north (Sacramento to San Francisco back to LA) - at 55 mph it takes a little longer but I'm ready for a meet. Fresno is about 1/2 way. Problem is some of the MoPars I've seen look like they are a little quicker than my poor 218.

I ran the Flathead in mine for 12+ years. Drove from Burbank to Pleasenton 3 or 4 times. 65-70mph was no problem. I did have an Isky cam, two carbs and an aluminum head though. Ran 28" tall rear tires. Cruised just great.

Edited by hotrodbob
ms spillin

another SF Bay Area(ish) guy

Gilroy/Stockton on your location? About the only thing I know of that is half way between those to cities is the junction cafe place where Mines Rd/San Antonio Valley Rd and Del Puerto Canyon Rd meet. You must have good brakes if you come down that back road off of Mt. Hamilton very often. :)

Was in the San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valley portions of the LA metro area for 20 years but have been in Silicon Valley now for a while.

Hi Everybody,

I'm in Simi Valley, CA and I've had my 48 Ply for over 25 years. I've driven it to San Francisco, San Diego, Lake Havasau, Santa Maria(POC Nationals) and just about every weekend. I just love to Drive it! With the 53 Plymouth overdrive it will cruise all day long. I think it would be great to have some kind of event/tour for us Old Plymouth owners.

Ernie Baily

post-1065-13585356207827_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I am in Irvine. I have hesitated to take my Woodie on a long trip because I don't know too much about its mechanical history. But I am beginning to feel pretty good about it.

I suggest we all wait till the heat breaks, maybe September, and all head up to Hearst Castle and surrounding areas. We spend a lot of time up there and it is always nice.

In fact, if we time it right, Cambria (on the coast 8 miles So. of the castle) has a small auto show on Memorial Day (labor Day? I get confused) and we could all enter en mass. Of course, it means travelling on a holiday weekend, something I always try to avoid. But, it would be fun.

You must have good brakes if you come down that back road off of Mt. Hamilton very often. :)

I had the fun time of taking my 52 up that road, (the back way) to Lick Observatory. Car made it fine, my other half however was not happy. :D

Too many turns,

Too steep looking down

No where to turn off.

We were in Del Valle Reservoir at the time we left. Told her it was probably a hours drive home going that way. :eek:

But the Observatory is a fantastic place to visit. The views are hard to match.

Lick Observatory

Hi Everybody,

I'm in Simi Valley, CA and I've had my 48 Ply for over 25 years. I've driven it to San Francisco, San Diego, Lake Havasau, Santa Maria(POC Nationals) and just about every weekend. I just love to Drive it! With the 53 Plymouth overdrive it will cruise all day long. I think it would be great to have some kind of event/tour for us Old Plymouth owners.

Ernie Baily

When you say "Old Plymouth owners" do you mean OLD PLYMOUTH owners or OLD plymouth OWNERS - just curious - :rolleyes:

You guys are coming out of the woodwork. One or two more and we can have our own event.

If any are around on Wednesdays, In Santa Clara, (El Camino and Scott Blvd) there is a very good get together between 4-7, with raffle or $50 per winner. They raffle off all the money collected. Cars of all years and makes, some very nice ones show up. All drivers. And there is always something going on over the weekends.

For those of us who work perhaps a Saturday might be a better day. :)

Maybe a the Socal guys meet up first and get together and then the NorCal guys do the same. Then we all find/plan a half way point meet at a l8r date.

Call it a Mayflower cruise in or something...:rolleyes: