Shakedown cruise

Don Jordan

After 8 years in the making I finally took my P15 for a ride. I drove from Southern California to Sacramento for the state fair. The total trip was about 800 miles. I don't know for sure because about 100 miles into it I broke the speedo cable. I will ask questions about that later.

It ran like a dream. I'm not sure how fast I was going - I did it all by the engine sound. Not too fast. I'd say I averaged about 50 mph. I'd say I put in about 11 gal about every 200 miles. It would run for 4 hours at a constant speed. The entire trip I did not put in any water and it never got over 180°. What a dream car. It went the same up hill as down. No strain. I just had a wonderful time. Stopping for gas people come up and ask what year is it and tell me stories about their parents that had a car just like it.

It just ran terrific. :D

I had 2 minor problems which I would like to ask about later.

d-

These pictures are from the Golden Gate National Cemetery in San Bruno, CA.

post-480-13585356142634_thumb.jpg

post-480-13585356142752_thumb.jpg

post-480-1358535614286_thumb.jpg

post-480-13585356142981_thumb.jpg

Folks,

I'd like to meet up sometime with some of the Socal guys and Norcal guys. I live predominately in LA now but will be doing a shakedown around Socal and then to Norcal. I will be doing my shakedown in August and would love to meet other MoPar people. Please let me know if any of you would be interested. It sounds like everything is going well for your car. I hope that I will have just as much success.

FG.

Folks,

I'd like to meet up sometime with some of the Socal guys and Norcal guys. I live predominately in LA now but will be doing a shakedown around Socal and then to Norcal. I will be doing my shakedown in August and would love to meet other MoPar people. Please let me know if any of you would be interested. It sounds like everything is going well for your car. I hope that I will have just as much success.

FG.

Lots of good events up here in August. Be happy to meet ya.

I just noticed my original posting didn't take. All I have to say is wow. 800 miles. How did it fair on the Grapevine and Altamont pass going up and down?

FG.

After 8 years in the making I finally took my P15 for a ride. I drove from Southern California to Sacramento for the state fair. The total trip was about 800 miles. I don't know for sure because about 100 miles into it I broke the speedo cable. I will ask questions about that later.

It ran like a dream. I'm not sure how fast I was going - I did it all by the engine sound. Not too fast. I'd say I averaged about 50 mph. I'd say I put in about 11 gal about every 200 miles. It would run for 4 hours at a constant speed. The entire trip I did not put in any water and it never got over 180°. What a dream car. It went the same up hill as down. No strain. I just had a wonderful time. Stopping for gas people come up and ask what year is it and tell me stories about their parents that had a car just like it.

It just ran terrific. :D

I had 2 minor problems which I would like to ask about later.

d-

These pictures are from the Golden Gate National Cemetery in San Bruno, CA.

Grapevine!

I actually went around it going up and back. I'm sure the car would have made it but I didn't want to push it. I went through Bakersfield to the 99. Came back on 101 through Santa Barbara. It wasn't as fast but I was in no hurry.

I'm up in the bay area a lot. I am 3rd generation San Francisco. I call Redwood City home.

Grapevine!

I actually went around it going up and back. I'm sure the car would have made it but I didn't want to push it. I went through Bakersfield to the 99. Came back on 101 through Santa Barbara. It wasn't as fast but I was in no hurry.

I'm up in the bay area a lot. I am 3rd generation San Francisco. I call Redwood City home.

Don,

I too am a San Franciscan. 2nd Generation. I call The City my home. We Socalers and Norcalers should get together around the middle of next month if you folks are available. My P15 should be up and on the road by then. My first run will be from Pasadena to Highland and then back. I figure that should be a good short term test.

FG.

Don,

I too am a San Franciscan. 2nd Generation. I call The City my home. We Socalers and Norcalers should get together around the middle of next month if you folks are available. My P15 should be up and on the road by then. My first run will be from Pasadena to Highland and then back. I figure that should be a good short term test.

FG.

How about the middle of September rather than next month? That is when the Golden State Region of the Plymouth Owners Club get together for the one region wide annual meeting. Typically held somewhere between Solvang and San Luis Obispo. Date and time have not yet been set for this year but I expect the announcement shortly. You both would be more than welcome and there will be a number of people caravanning out of the LA metro area if you prefer safety in numbers.

How about the middle of September rather than next month? That is when the Golden State Region of the Plymouth Owners Club get together for the one region wide annual meeting. Typically held somewhere between Solvang and San Luis Obispo. Date and time have not yet been set for this year but I expect the announcement shortly. You both would be more than welcome and there will be a number of people caravanning out of the LA metro area if you prefer safety in numbers.

Sounds swell as a bell for me. Please do let us know when the date is. I'm going to start a Californian Thread on here to see how many of us there are in Norcal and SoCal. It would be great to setup a dialog at least.

Thanks,

FG.

I too am 3rd generation San Franciscan. I went to Corpus Christi Grammar school, Riordan High 56 and SF State 60. Was a Cop there for 2 yrs, and went into the Fire Department where I spent the next 30 Yrs. There was a guy named Don Jordan in my Police academy class, is that you Don? I also lived in Redwood City for 20 plus yrs. Moved to Modesto in 1991

Okay - I know this sounds trite but "It's a small world."

There aren't a lot of native Californians much less San Franciscans.

I grew up on Lincoln Way across from Golden Gate park.

I am amazed at how many Don Jordans there are. I'm not sure Donald was ever a really popular name but there are quite a few just on this board. The only ones I can think of from the old days is Don Ameci, Donald Pleasence, Donald O'Conner, and Donald Duck.

You lived in Redwood City? I graduated from Sequoia High School and went to College of San Mateo.

We need to get all the cars in a circle - have a beer, tell lies.

Okay - I know this sounds trite but "It's a small world."

There aren't a lot of native Californians much less San Franciscans.

I grew up on Lincoln Way across from Golden Gate park.

I am amazed at how many Don Jordans there are. I'm not sure Donald was ever a really popular name but there are quite a few just on this board. The only ones I can think of from the old days is Don Ameci, Donald Pleasence, Donald O'Conner, and Donald Duck.

You lived in Redwood City? I graduated from Sequoia High School and went to College of San Mateo.

We need to get all the cars in a circle - have a beer, tell lies.

You San Franciscans will appreciate this then. Today, July 30th is the day I'm getting married on Nob Hill next to the Pacific Union Club. We also felt it appropriate to stay in a vintage hotel, The Huntington Hotel (1924) in fact. She's a 2nd generation native, and we decided that we wanted to get married and eventually start our family here. (If we can afford it that is.)

I read in the Chron today that the Bay Bridge/Transbay Terminal will be closing next week for the last time to be demolished.

AAD-6043.jpg

They are doing tours today showing the old diner, the state police office, the original bar, shoe shine stand and other pieces. We both love The City, partially hate what it has become but still love the place we will always call home.

Yes, we do indeed need to get together and circle the cars, drink beer and tell stories of the way SF used to be.

FG.

Fedoragent. Today is also my Daughter's 45th Birthday. she was born at St. Lukes Hospital. Mission and Army St. Congratulations on your wedding. Hope you last at least as long as me, 46yrs in Oct. Don, I lived on Vista Dr. up in Emerald Lakes. I coached Pop Warner Football in RC for12yrs and Sequoia HS was our home field. I still have many friends living there. George