Treasure hunting! In BOBT's neck of the woods

Lee Exline

So, the business closed, the owners walked away leaving stock and supplies behind and it just sits that way for how long?

Around here it would be $500,000 designer lofts within 2 weeks!

Amazing to me that a place can sit virtually untouched for so long.

So, the business closed, the owners walked away leaving stock and supplies behind and it just sits that way for how long?

Around here it would be $500,000 designer lofts within 2 weeks!

Amazing to me that a place can sit virtually untouched for so long.

What you don't understand is that is a designer loft for Cherryvale Ks. Look at the plush bedding and the custom couch.

Hi Lee. Interesting find. How did you get onto the place? Was the sign already taken down, or did you have to remove it? Around here, there are lots of closed up businesses that have sat for years. Some still

have things in them, others are just empty or contain assorted junk. Our nearby old stuff dealer, Ron Riediger, in Diamond, MO recently bought out the contents of an old general store over in Kansas. Guess they were about to demolish the building. He got some neat old stuff.

How did you get onto the place? It is listed on my website of known Desoto dealers

Was the sign already taken down, or did you have to remove it? Was taken down in the 60s and stored on the second floor of the business.

As the weather turns colder I move in and make calls send emails and letters after a little detective work. In these small towns everybody knows everyone else's business or they can ask someone who does and eventually if you dig enough you will find some stuff! Sending letters to city halls and asking them to post a notice on the community bulletin board is very effective. Often times the bulletin never gets posted they just pass it on to the person that owns the old dealer building or a past employee of the dealership.

Of couse it is much more effective when done on a local basis. Even when the bildings have been cleaned out it does not mean that the parts are not stored in someones garage in town that bought them or pulled them out of the trash.

Have you read my page on how to find dealerships yet?

Then go to dealership listing page and start asking questions. You Bob are in one of the best areas in the county to be able to find stuff in!

Like others have said businesses can shut the doors and stay untouched for decades. and even when they are used for other ventures remnants can still be lying around.

Just remember if you use my methods and you find a hoard of parts I want the NOS 54 Plymouth parts!