hood ornaments

ok before this gets WAY out of hand....oops...

can someone with the books and PN's PLEASE make a nice easy to read list for the year with it's ornament #? Pictures stolen from here and other locations would be cool. Then maybe we get get that put up on the knowledge base so it's easy to find again. I know I'm getting lost in all the back and forth and scrolling thru all the posts!

# 1373215 looks like a 1951-2 dodge car hood ornament. The # isn't in any MoPar books though-even the supercedence books. It's not for trucks.

# 1373215 looks like a 1951-2 dodge car hood ornament. The # isn't in any MoPar books though-even the supercedence books. It's not for trucks.

yah, I'm pretty sure that is a car ornament that uses a center strip down the hood as well. The other is what I was told at the time was for the trucks of that era...hence this thread

ok before this gets WAY out of hand....oops...

can someone with the books and PN's PLEASE make a nice easy to read list for the year with it's ornament #? Pictures stolen from here and other locations would be cool. Then maybe we get get that put up on the knowledge base so it's easy to find again. I know I'm getting lost in all the back and forth and scrolling thru all the posts!

I just looked in my parts book and there is no listing for a hood ornament. It shows a picture and a group number but when I go to that group the only thing it lists is the round medallion and associated mounting hardware for the cab-overs.

• 11 months later...

Bringing this back up because it has some info in it & I have a new part number.

PN 1456250, got it for $40 at a local pawn shop.

ab8f4b61.jpg

Has there been a definitive answer on correct PN & is there a pic with dimensions for the correct 53 hood ornament?

The one on my truck now is a Car ornament as it has a tab at the rear for a trim piece so this is at least a lot closer to correct than the one I originally had.

Does anyone actually have the elusive part number 1280002 & can you provide photo & measurements so us mere mortals can at least get close? ;)

fromm what I've HEARD they should be identical to the "older" version, just a casting number change.

• 9 years later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mick said:

Did by any chance this style go on trucks?

No, these were never on a truck as standard as far as I know.  People put them on cause they fit and look cool, but are not correct.

16 hours ago, Mick said:

Does the #’ s have anything to do with the year and type of vehicle?

Yes, that is the casting PN and that is how it tracked to which vehicle (make/model/year) they belong with.