dash gauges B2B question

My friend made up full decals to match the original gauge faces and applied them onto the gauge face plates. They look perfect and it was cheap. She wasn't interested in doing more, but I do have a spare set of gauge face plates that she also did. I was thinking about seeing if she would make up a clock face decal to cover a spare speedo face. I want to mount a small battery operated clock into a spare bad speedo that I have and install it into the speaker grill spot. However, she is now out of business and they have moved to Alabama.

If you know someone in the vinyl graphics business it's something to think about.

Merle

"Hey Hank that's not for your 51 B3B"

Duh "Oh No it's the wrong one. Darn this was really hard to find now I'll have to spend hours looking for the correct one."

This (especially NOS) is one of the most difficult parts to find on our trucks (even Reg doesn't have one so you know it's rare). This would fit the guage cluster that is posted by Merle in post #2.

Hank :)

post-2934-13585355389424_thumb.jpg

post-2934-13585355389929_thumb.jpg

post-2934-13585355390229_thumb.jpg

post-2934-13585355390512_thumb.jpg

That is a nice one Hank! Have you tested it in a cup of hot water ? The reason I ask is that I bought a NOS one from Collectors Auto Supply once and even though it was very nice looking it didn't work. They did have another one so I did get a good one. What are you asking for it ?

and before I put the tea bag in made sure to drop a slice of bologna on the floor, (:D) applied the three second rule and ate it, so my wife wouldn't freak out when I actually drank the tea. The guage is a working guage, just he wrong one for my 51.

My friend made up full decals to match the original gauge faces and applied them onto the gauge face plates. They look perfect and it was cheap. She wasn't interested in doing more, but I do have a spare set of gauge face plates that she also did. I was thinking about seeing if she would make up a clock face decal to cover a spare speedo face. I want to mount a small battery operated clock into a spare bad speedo that I have and install it into the speaker grill spot. However, she is now out of business and they have moved to Alabama.

If you know someone in the vinyl graphics business it's something to think about.

Merle

Merle,

Would you want to sell the spare set of gauge stickers? My bro.who lives way over in Florida is in that business and I could have him make some more if he had a pattern. We were toying with the idea a few years ago but I dropped the ball. He could make a clock face too with the proper font.

Reg

Merle,

Would you want to sell the spare set of gauge stickers? My bro.who lives way over in Florida is in that business and I could have him make some more if he had a pattern. We were toying with the idea a few years ago but I dropped the ball. He could make a clock face too with the proper font.

Reg

Reg,

Let me round up the bits and I'll get back to you. I'll donate my redone spares to the cause if it'll help others to get nice looking gauges.

Merle

Must be pretty warm at your house. That gauge is reading around 140 degrees just sitting there.

Merle

The photo must have been taken just after it was tested and on it's way down. This is how I found it this morning in storage. No it's wasn't 100 deg.

here today. If I gave it a shot of WD40 you'd think it was manufactured yesterday. It was, only yesterday was 62 years ago even I don't look that good. Yep it's bound for Oklahoma.

PN-1195741.jpg

Edited by HanksB3B