How Many Pilot House Trucks Have Survived?

attachicon.gif100_0587.jpg

ggdad1951 you were only a mile from my house!  I got mine and a 57 dumper I'm buying for parts with a running hemi.  I will sell the leftovers of the 57 when I am done.

can't see which post you are replying towards when was I close to you?

• 3 weeks later...

The rooster pheasant is one of the most colorful birds. For that reason I hated to hunt them. Midwest picture, not the 1930's combine in the background of that deep yellow truck, great picture. Lacks a train and a mother- in- law to be a true redneck pic.

• 1 month later...

On Hwy 84 just east of Hwy 1, CA Coast, between Pescadero and Half Moon Bay.

This is a google street shot, but I have seen this first hand.The google images got better before I could go back to take a pic myself!

post-1481-0-81454500-1429058936_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like there are more of these around than one would guess.

I would like to know if anyone knows how many pilothouse trucks were manufactured as a woody wagon.

Mine was purchased new by my father in January 1949, from Overpeck Motors INC., in Ridgefield Park, New Jersey.

I think it was built by Campbell Body Works, in New York State. The VIN indicates it is a 1948 b1b108, but it has always been registered as a 1949 Model.

Does anyone have an idea how many of these were made? And how many are still out there?

Second one is 1940 dodge. One year only grill and headlights. Those headlights look off to me though and are lacking the parking light on top.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Let's see them!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...