How Many Pilot House Trucks Have Survived?

PP you would not know a real truck if you got run over by it in the middle of the street...just one man's opinion.... :P   buy some correct profile tires for your truck...then make an observation...only time you need to lower a vehicle is after repairs were executed while on a lift...

Even a burnt one? :D

Ed..... :lol: .......that was too funny!

Actually I might be inclined to cut him a wee bit of slack on that one. :eek: Just a bit mind you. Melted tires don't really count as lowering do they?

How about if I just say that Paul's opinion on this subject is by no means universally accepted ?

Jeff

I lowered my truck and chopped it, and have pretty much done something to every part on the truck,  The rear window and corner glass remains stock as well as the front bed panel.  No one has to like it but me.  All the changes were because I wanted to make them, not because I needed to.

• Like 2

pflaming, on 11 Dec 2014 - 5:54 PM, said:

Ah Dave, they're just jealous because they can't put their trucks into an oven and bake on a good finish. So we'll just have to wait for them to catch up. 

PP...NEWFLASH...when baking on paint..one does not take the finish to golden brown much less charcoal black...enough is enough....next time you try this at home.......borrow Mrs PP's kitchen timer

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was doing some safety training for a customer today near Amery (northwestern WI). On my way home, going through the little Village of Range, I spotted this guy;

34000588-4339-4AE8-A098-92976739C36A_zps

I've seen it there on previous trips up to that customer, but this time I had time to stop and snap a picture. Then in Barron I spotted the top of a cab over a fence and recognized it as an older COE truck. I went back to check it out and found out it was a Chevy. Still cool though,

64BF852A-DF27-4DDE-AC22-2B91C29C3334_zps

• 4 weeks later...

If I did my math right 10% would equate to 91075 trucks.

That would seem like an awful lot of trucks.  I never see them in Hemmings Motors magazine for sale or maybe only 1 when there are 30 or 40 chevys and Fords of the 1940 vintage.  My truck was saved from a pasture in Arkansas.

post-6409-0-89733700-1424712851_thumb.jpg

ggdad1951 you were only a mile from my house!  I got mine and a 57 dumper I'm buying for parts with a running hemi.  I will sell the leftovers of the 57 when I am done.

• Like 1