6V OD Solenoid

40phil41

Does anyone know who sells 6V solenoids for the BW OD transmission? I have been searching for one ever since I discovered that mine wasn't working in late August. Have come across two used 12V ones but no 6V.

Thanks,

Phil Ellis

The B.W. R10 overdrive trans uses the Autolite HRT 4001 relay. It resembles the one pictured here, with the fuse standing on end. 54_1.JPG

The one shown is for an Under-drive unit.

When looking for one of the relays, I called a couple vendors who wanted around $100 or more for one. I finally got a NOS relay on ebay a while back for $50. Apparently no one was watching that auction too closely.

You would think that if someone knew just exactly how that OD relay works, they could then come up with another model number that worked the same way. But it must not be that easy.

The relay isn't that complicated of a part. Dads 50 is running a 12v relay intended for car alarms on the stock 6v system. Works just fine and has been in there for atleast 10 years. Of course that doesn't help Phil with his solenoid....