Sorry I haven't been around much for awhile...(OT)

David Maxwell

...but many, many things have been happening in my life. Most significantly, my incredible daughter, Danica, is graduating from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo this June. She finished top in her class and was awarded the University of California Distinguished Ph.D. Fellowship. Therefore, she will be continuing on next year at UC Davis which has the top program in the nation for her major which is Entomology (study of insects) and Integrated Pest Mgt. We're extremely proud and will have to miss the National Meet in Oregon, but for a very worthy cause. Pretty soon I'll have to call my daughter Dr. Maxwell lol.

David, the fruit never falls far from the tree! CONGRADULATIONS to all. I have two sons, one very successful the other still struggling but now gaining, an acquaintance last summer reminded me that I could not take all the credit for one, nor all the blame for the other. That puts it all into perspective. Enjoy UC Davis, there is a GREAT truck museum nearby in Woodland, check it out and send us some pics.

Yes, Congratulations to your daughter & you and your wife. I have a nineteen year old daughter who is also a 4.0 in college and I can readily relate to your pride in your daughter. Daughters are special. You must have raised her very well. I am facing my daughter leaving the house in the fall and going away to a college and it hurts. My wife and I are very close to her and it's tough after 19 years of the three of us being together. I'm sad at her leaving but know she has to go. And it marks a chapter ending in my life and a new one beginning.