Here come da judge......

BobT-47P15

I received a call a couple days ago from a lady who is helping put on a benefit fund raiser event today in Carl Junction, MO a small town about 10 miles from the here. The proceeds will go to help a young girl with leukemia.

Well, a co-worker of this lady knew that I have an old car, take it to shows, etc...so she asked if i could be a judge for the car show they will have as part of their doings. She said she does not expect a particularly large turnout of cars as there are other shows occurring in the area today. So I said I would do it, and would like the assistance of one or two others of her choosing. Have never actually performed as a judge, although have passed judgement privately on many a car. Weather here is sunny and cool, no rain in the forecast like last weekend. So, I'm going to go there about noon...better dig out my powedered white wig and black robe.

Went to that car show this afternoon and did the judging thing. There were about 22 cars there. A benefit for a teenage girl with leukemia, which of course presents her family with some large medical bills. Chili was being served at the local fire station nearby. Numerous donated items were being raffled off. Weather was perfect. Drove the Plym, but did not enter it in the show.

000_0212.jpg

There was even a P15 there....a Deluxe.

000_0214.jpg

These two fellows, who are also volunteer fireman, joined me in the judging. There were no stated classes to start with, so we made up our own categories as we went. Had 6 trophies to award.

000_0213.jpg

A nice afternoon. A community coming together to help one of their own.

Fire House Chili. Good stuff. Put it on top of Fritos. Like Frito Pie. We live in a subdivision at the edge of Joplin. The next town over, which provides our fire protection, has a chili feed/fund raiser once a year. We usually attend. See a few folks we know. Eat some good chili and pie for dessert.

Looks like you had some nice weather and good food for a good cause. I see quite a few original cars there which is nice as well. As most of you know, I like them original as possible. I see a '37 Chev for one and have a friend with one just like it. The P15 looks nice as well.

Robert, the Chevy coupe was seemingly all original except for new paint. There was a Chevy pickup of about the same vintage, re-done as original. The P15 has new seat and door panel upholstry, done in the general style of original. The two tone 50 Merc is re-done as original. Green 56 T Bird was really sharp. All in all several nice cars in this small gathering.