Members map

adam_knox

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dr. Dial Tone, did ya' get it figured out? Here's the steps on what to do. Shouldn't matter if you're using a mac...

Step 1: Go to the map

Step 2: Type your address in the search bar (City, State will do, or whatever system your country has set up). Click "Search."

Step 3. A box will appear to "pin" your location.

Under "Name" put your forum id name

Under "Message" you can leave your e-mail address (or other contact information. Optional, but is nice if someone from the forum wants to invite ya' over for a cookout!)

Under "Image" you can, if you wish, upload a jpeg avatar image from your computer

Finally, click the icon you would like to be used to tag your location.

• 11 months later...
Adam, managed to get my "dot" on the map, but could not get anything more than my address. Better than nothing!

Same here...no "box" appeared to enter any other info:(...I use Firefox...I will try IE....

IE works fine...done :)

Edited by PatS....

This is great. I now know exactly were to go when I need to get something from Midnight Auto Parts.:eek: I don't think anyone would want my car but I wouldn't do this if I had vintage Corvettes. Is this available for anyone to look at or only if you are a member of the board or of the map?

This is great. I now know exactly were to go when I need to get something from Midnight Auto Parts.:eek: I don't think anyone would want my car but I wouldn't do this if I had vintage Corvettes. Is this available for anyone to look at or only if you are a member of the board or of the map?

I wouldn't think an aerial view would gain you much if you wanted to steal something specific. A street view may be an issue but I think a lot of us keep them in the garage anyway. Besides I put my location close but not at my exact house. Which is good enough IMHO. I don't think this map is that well known anyway and I do not think the members of the forum would steal in any case.

I just found it odd that they caught mine in the driveway.

• 11 months later...

I guessed I passed on too.:eek:. NW Washinton State