'51 Flathead 6 Oil Filter....

Juday1951

Now that I actually found the forum where the folks can answer my questions, I throw this one out there for ya...

My '51 has the original flathead 6 under the hood, but it's missing a vital component....the oil filter assembly. Why it's not there is beyond me, but it has been removed and plugged. Why would anyone remove the oil filter?:confused: Anyways, is there a way that I can buy the parts to put this thing back together? Any hot rod tips to get another unit to work in there?

As always, thanks for your information!

Kevin

When I bought my truck it didn't have a filter either. Engine filters weren't standard equipment back then, especially on the trucks. I went shopping on ebay and found one. The first few that I saw went for more than I wanted to spend as several others wanted them too. Aparently I ran out of competition because right after a couple went for "too much" one poped up and I was the only bidder. Got it for $10. It is a "Deluxe Oil Filter" and uses the sock type element.

Merle

Now that I actually found the forum where the folks can answer my questions, I throw this one out there for ya...

My '51 has the original flathead 6 under the hood, but it's missing a vital component....the oil filter assembly. Why it's not there is beyond me, but it has been removed and plugged. Why would anyone remove the oil filter?:confused: Anyways, is there a way that I can buy the parts to put this thing back together? Any hot rod tips to get another unit to work in there?

As always, thanks for your information!

Kevin

Aren't there any good junkyards where you live? I really enjoy a good trip to the junkyard, you just never know what kinda treasure or bargin you'll find.