OT-Darwin award for driver of a Mopar Pickup truck!

JIPJOBXX

Ok I know that this is suppose to be about Mopar stuff and this is but only in a manner of none thinking human beings.

Finally, THE WINNER!!!: [ Arkansas Democrat Gazette]:

Two local men were injured when their Mopar 1950 pickup truck left the road and struck a tree near Cotton Patch on State Highway 38 early Monday.. Woodruff County deputy Dovey Snyder reported the accident shortly after midnight Monday. Thurston Poole, 33, of Des Arc, and Billy Ray Wallis, 38, of Little Rock , were returning to Des Arc after a frog-catching trip. On an overcast Sunday night, Poole 's pickup truck headlights malfunctioned.

The two men concluded that the headlight fuse on the older-model truck had burned out. As a replacement fuse was not available, Wallis noticed that the ..22 caliber bullets from his pistol fit perfectly into the fuse box next to the steering-wheel column. Upon inserting the bullet the headlights again began to operate properly, and the two men proceeded on eastbound toward the White River Bridge .

After traveling approximately 20 miles, and just before crossing the river, the bullet apparently overheated, discharged and struck Poole in the testicles. The vehicle swerved sharply right, exited the pavement, and struck a tree.. Poole suffered only minor cuts and abrasions from the accident but will require extensive surgery to repair the damage to his testicles, which will never operate as intended.

Wallis sustained a broken clavicle and was treated and released. "Thank God we weren't on that bridge when Thurston shot his balls off, or we might be dead," stated Wallis "I've been a trooper for 10 years in this part of the world, but this is a first for me. I can't believe that those two would admit how this accident happened," said Snyder.

Upon being notified of the wreck, Lavinia ( Poole 's wife) asked how many frogs the boys had caught and did anyone get them from the truck? (Though Poole and Wallis did not die as a result of their misadventure as normally required by Darwin Award Official Rules, it can be argued that Poole did in fact effectively remove himself from the gene pool.:(

Heard this or a variation of it before. I think on Mythbusters they tried to see if putting a bullet in a fuse box would actually fire and they busted the myth. I believe this to be an urban legend although humourous just the same. Also, I don't think '50 Dodge trucks have a fuse box.

Edited by RobertKB

That one might be a myth but this one was reported by Channel 2 out of Keywest and Keynews

http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=12107993

Woman causes crash shaving bikini area while driving

Posted: Mar 09, 2010 7:52 AM CST

Updated: Mar 09, 2010 7:56 AM CST

A woman shaving her bikini area while driving caused a car accident on Cudjoe Key, near Key West, according to a report in keysnews.com.

Troopers told the reporter that 37-year-old Megan Mariah Barnes was meeting her boyfriend in Key West and wanted to be properly groomed for the visit.

So during the drive, she decided to shave.

Her ex-husband, who was in the passenger's seat, took the wheel while she focused on other areas, according to the report.

The site also noted that Barnes was convicted of DUI and driving without a license the day before the crash.

The vehicle she was driving struck another car from behind, causing minor injuries to the occupants.

The report says she and her ex-husband drove another half-mile after the crash and switched seats, so it looked like he was driving.

But burns on his chest from the passenger-side airbag sank their story – since the site reports the driver's airbag wasn't deployed by the impact.

Troopers charged Barnes with driving with a revoked license, reckless driving, leaving the scene of a wreck with injuries and driving with no insurance.

A trooper told keysnews.com he thought another incident in the same general area was the strangest traffic incident he'd ever see – but this topped it.

Edited by hkestes41

The bullet deal I heard about 20 years ago in the form of Cletus and Billy Bob go Froggin joke.

Lights go out fuse blown fuse replaced with 22 LR cartridge, short causes heat, heat causes discharge, discharge causes groin injury to cletus, Cletus as result drives truck off bridge. Wife called, Billy Bob tells her Cletus will be OK, She replies screw that dumb a$$, where are all the frogs he was bringin home????????