Does your better half support this hobby?

Fireball

My wife supports me having my 49 pilothouse because she likes us using it when we promote our garlic farm. We named the farm Victory Garlic in honor of the Victory Gardens of WWII. Not that she helps me work on but she and my daughter do help wash it.

post-2049-13585353667754_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vazlov1949
add info

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my car is going to the LeMay collection over in Tacoma. My best women friend (No not my wife) is married to one of the LeMay family members and so I have gotten to know those folks pretty well. I really don't think my kids want the Dodge but well you never can tell. I have one that is almost an Attorney (3 months to go!) and maybe he might just take it and put it in his garage for old time sakes. Oh yes he has a job waiting for him also with the State of Washington in there Clerkship program. This is a very procejus program to get into and I'm so proud of my son for doing so well in law school. But the best is that at the present time he only owes 40,000 dollars in college debt not bad for seven years.:)

Sweetie pie loves the old cars. Our first was a 57 Buick 2dr hardtop, had her name put on the trunk"Mary Lou". I have been doing cars since I was 14 and I have known her since she was 13. The 52 Windsor is hers and has her name on the trunk too "Grandma LuLu" This is a shot of us in Ironwood Mich........

post-1652-13585353668442_thumb.jpg

My wife supports me having my 49 pilothouse because she likes us using it when we promote our garlic farm. We named the farm Victory Garlic in honor of the Victory Gardens of WWII. Not that she helps me work on but she and my daughter do help wash it.

Say...you don't happen to reside in Gilroy,Ca. do ya ?

I think my wife is sorta like Don's wife ..... likes to ride in the car and thinks that's cool. Has a thing for older cars .... but .... when I'm gone ..... it's all up for sale! I have been reminded how much the insurance is for my "stable" ... more than once. Generally quarterly. :D

Wish I had some beauties by my side like these.

My magnetic personality must be in the OFF position cause NO significant other to be found here.

Been single again more years of my life than together with any one.

One claimed my new Z-28 Camaro back in 1969, one claimed being isolated and lonely 1 mile from town(On a highway no less).(of which she was never home anyway)

Guess I am better off as a solo run from here on out!!

But one look at me and they shriek louder than a mouse on there foot!!

IB just don

Say...you don't happen to reside in Gilroy,Ca. do ya ?

I wondered about that too. But the mountain in the background is unlike anything around Gilroy. I guess on a really, really cold winter there might be some snow on the pinnacles. But I can't imagine a snow capped peak like that.

attachment.php?attachmentid=16354&d=1267128843

Yep when we go to a car show my wife usually just sits in the back seat and reads a book. I know she just puts up with my old ride as she would rather be in a car that has a/c, heater, power this & that but the Dodge will do as its clean inside.:cool:

Now here is what she would rather be in and its the closest to an old car.

DSC02997-1.jpg

My wife is as into the cars & trucks as much as I am. She went so far as to arrange for us to be married at the Vintage Triumph Register convention in 2002 on the show field during the Concours. Unbeknownst to me they actually paused judging so people could attend the ceremony.

post-35-13585353673144_thumb.jpg

post-35-13585353673853_thumb.jpg

My wife's other hobby is road racing. Here is a picture of her on the false grid waiting for the race to start. So yeah I'd have to say she is supportive :D

post-35-13585353672012_thumb.jpg

Brad

Edited by bkahler

My wife kind of likes the car, but won't ride in it because the seat hurts her back. She likes the fact that our college-age daughter enjoys the car. She used to complain occasionally about the cost of the constant upgrades to the car, but that stopped abruptly when she bought a horse. Trust me, our Plymouth's have nothing like the costs of supporting a horse!

Marty

I still ride horses with my wife, so she goes to the car shows with me. We were talking the day and my wife said if she went first, I would probably find me another wife. I told her NEVER another woman, only more cars. I don't think that impressed her very much. I own 10 acres of land and I am always telling her I want to open an old car salvage, and fill the 10 acres with cars. She could run the office, and I could run the cutten torch. She told me that is where she draws the line. I guess that means she would take up drafting, or maybe she would leave me!? M

Folks,

Lynn is as supportive of my cars as I am of her heroin habit, and she doesn't have a heroin habit.

That isn't to say she's not a real sport. This is us on our way to an A.B.A.T.E. rally:

Sorry, for some reason the link logged you onto my bucket account, not to the picture.

-Randy

Edited by randroid

During the restoration of my first project car, A 1930 Model A Ford, my wife remarked that the Ford was better than another women. And at least I know where he's at.

After the first year of every night in the garage she said that she changed her mind, another women would have been better. She said that she could compete with a women for my attention but not with that dang Ford!

She is ok with the Dodge truck as my physical abilities limit my time to simiple projects.

Dennis

I was going to say my wife was only tolerant but after thinking about it for a while I'd have to say she pretty supportive. She likes going to car shows and telling people about my truck, she likes cruising, she picks up parts for me, we got married and took our honeymoon in my old yellow truck and when I brought home the project family car she only suggested the kitchen be finished before I started working on the Plymouth. As for when I'm gone she would probably rather have the cash but I'm raising my 2 daughters to love old cars so they won't let her sell them;)