What is your job? OT

Don Coatney

I have spent the last 43 years as a truck driver.

Semi trailers and for the last 10 years "B-doubles"/road trains.

I got injured in a workplace accident resulting in having a "shoulder replacement".

Currently looking for something less demanding physically.

5 more years to go before retirement.

MIck.

Although I have a couple of post in this thread, I am surprised I never mentioned my career. I know I will never go to purgatory as I have already spent 31 years there as I taught junior high for that long. :P Just kidding, it was a great career. You either like kids that age (13-15) or you don't, and I really enjoyed the vast majority of them. Retired in 2005 and worked part time at Office Depot for about 2 1/2 years. I am now a transporter of grandsons on a fairly regular basis which is a great job. I like to travel, work on old Mopars, and read lots in my other spare time.

Edited by RobertKB

Since my last post on this thread, I have retired.  I've retired my alarm clock as well. Now every day is Saturday... and my primary job is spoiling my grandkids. :D

Wayne

Now you're just showing off!  Congratulations!

Started out as a test engineer for a fluid filtration company. Then worked on rocket extracted parachutes for airplanes (cirrus aircraft). Now work as s senior design engineer for a company that makes tradeshow displays. Support my truck habit by doing woodworking on the side.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I trained as an airframe/powerplant mechanic after the service. Long story short, i now work as an elevator mechanic in nyc.Pay is good, hours good also. 10 more years to go for me. Dont like working in the city, but its where the work is.

• 10 months later...

Thought I had replied on this thread before, must have been the "other one" a few have mentioned.  Anyway, nothing's changed since then, still the Deputy Chief Patrol Agent for the U.S. Border Patrol's Buffalo Sector.  Been working my way up through the ranks for going on 30 years, with a few more to go before mandatory retirement. 

I'm a production/outsource manger for a nationally branded jewelry line. So if any of you guys that are spending to much time in the garage working on your Plymouth's let me know and we will make the wife/girlfriend happy.  Or at least make them forget where you are while they are looking at their finger! 

" . . . too much time in the garage working on your Plymouth's let me know and we will make the wife/girlfriend happy."

No way, Jose!!   I do that and she'll wonder what I'm hiding! Just keep things simple, occasionally pick a flower from the garden and judiciously use the "it's easier to get forgiveness than permission" approach. 

I never noticed this thread before, but it has resurfaced.

I'm still looking for work since moving to Wisconsin. Available for media and media relations jobs in the southern part of the state.

Or -- if you've a mind to try and win the Kentucky Derby like a couple of regular guys who call their stable "Dumb Ass Partners" did yesterday with California Chrome -- I'm good at singling out competitive young racehorses at inexpensive prices. Have some stats to prove it, just no clients.

I have a civil engineering degree but work as a heavy equipment manager for a large construction company. Just to think.... I once thought I would have more free time after graduating from college! I was definitely wrong on that one!