Leaky Hood & Cowl - Damned Rain!

Marquis H.

These recent bouts of 'weather' in southern california are keeping my '47 off the road.

I need to seal up my hood & i noticed that the fabric type lacing is gone from the driver's side. Roberts has replacement lacing pretty cheap. Is that the way to go or is there a better solution?

They have the cowl rubber that I need too. Has anyone tried theirs before? I'm assuming a little 3M will stick in on well enough.

also...

it seams that the rain pisses off my engine. After a rainy day I cant get her to start. I figure I should get it sealed up & see what happens then.

any ideas?

Marquis

Edited by Marquis H.

These recent bouts of 'weather' in southern california are keeping my '47 off the road.

I need to seal up my hood & i noticed that the fabric type lacing is gone from the driver's side. Roberts has replacement lacing pretty cheap. Is that the way to go or is there a better solution?

They have the cowl rubber that I need too. Has anyone tried theirs before? I'm assuming a little 3M will stick in on well enough.

also...

it seams that the rain pisses off my engine. After a rainy day I cant get her to start. I figure I should get it sealed up & see what happens then.

any ideas?

Marquis

You can purchase a custom fit or universal cowl vent seal, use 3m weatherstrip adhesive. These are available from Roberts, Bernbaums, or Steele Rubber.

The cowl lacing, for the hood edge is also available from these sources, as is the ever dry sparkplug boot kits, to keep the plugs and there galleys dry.

Once you get a good seal on the cowl vent, you should be okay, make sure the drain is open and free of any obstruction. getting the hood completely sealed against rain water leaking by, may be a bit of a challenge......Fred

Edited by Rockwood