my 41 street rod!!

claybill

a few months ago i bought a 41 coupe v8 auto etc, a budget job nothing fancy. first off i took it to 'my mechanic'.!!! WOW, does this guy know his stuff.

he instantly hoisted it up and fixed a zillion cobbly things from PO. he has done all sorts of magic with flashing lights and gages and ohms and vac and spark etc etc...rebuilt the carb with the same assurance as having toast and coffee.!

he is a super tuner for the stock car circuit here in the midwest, and just gets into that last detail...anyway i am soooo satisfied with this project...believe me there is a lot more to do myself in warmer weather..

i know....get the checkbook out! but a super mechanic is worth the mooola.!

if you CAN FIND ONE!!

bill

post-358-13585353477474_thumb.jpg

Edited by claybill
spelling

thanks for all the kind comments. it helps. the mechanic..with the $$$ i just paid....well he can buy himself a few beers on me!! but i fell safe now.

AND...this motor is a screamer! wow! it has a cam that doesnt comeon until 3000 rpm..well, that is 70 mph!!!..then it smooths out and goes like a rocket.

up until that speed it runs a bit rich, and rumbles..at idle it R-U-M-B-L--E-S!

I HAVE THE INTERIOR TO DO AND FRONT ALIGNMENT NEXT WEEK and if it ever gets above 40f i'll jazz up the steering column and horn system..and begin my detailing..

i have 2 sets of wheels...big CHROMIES..and red with moon caps.. on order.

the red wheels have stock size tires..the chrome rims have the big fatties....opinions!

post-358-13585353494023_thumb.jpg

post-358-13585353494478_thumb.jpg

post-358-1358535349472_thumb.jpg

post-358-13585353495048_thumb.jpg

post-358-13585353495444_thumb.jpg