new parts truck

I bought a new parts truck today 1949 it has a 3 speed in the floor the old man that sold it to me said all i need to do is take the top off my colum shift 3 speed transmison and put the top off the floor shift 3 speed to convert to floor shift this sounds to good to be true the trans do looke the same and looke like same bolt pattern on bellhousing would this be a good swap or should i just work on colum shift linkege my truck is 1952 b3b the old truck has been dissambled and sand blasted it is all there exept bed a nd gas tank . moter turns over by hand dont know how much or what parts ill need or can use for 52 still have alot left on 53 parts truck gave away front clip and doors on it you can see on my profile that my 52 is pretty much done i just like to keep parts if needed for me or any one else that need them the old man has a couple of colum shift trans and a 1950 pretty much gone i bought the 49 becouse he took a 50 to scrap this morning when he heard scrip metal prices were up did not wont the 49 to go to thanks for your help robert ps in a thread below titled synchronized gears i explaine trouble i have with colum linkege

ITs not that importent. thank you for you'r support, but let it go. i probley should not have responded. lets get back to trucks and how is you'r green jewl coming. Looks like i'll have some more parts to share if you need thim. your frind robert ps i dont spell verry go eather. but i gess you noticed that .

I don't care how many words you guys mispell. I am here for the knowledge of these old trucks that you guys have. I can figure out what you guys are trying to say. None of us are perfect. If we were, we wouldn't be on here asking for advice. Speaking of all the knowledge, I would like to thank everyone for all the knowledge that has been passed on to me. This site has become a part of my daily routine now. So guys lets stick to what we know best, which is trucks!

Robert, does your 49 parts truck still have the oil bath air cleaner? If so I'm looking for an original one. See my ad in the parts wanted section. I've attached pictures of the style I'm looking for.

I'm out of town for 3 days and won't be able to respond back until then.

Thanks,

Brad