broken stud

p24-1953

i snaped one of the studs holding the sision choke down, is it okay to secure it with just one side, or will this cause a grounding problem? how should i remove the broken half with out damaging the intake?

is it broken flush or proud? regardless of your approich to try to reverse bit drill, drill and tap...I would suggest a few heat cycles of the broken section and application of candle wax to detroy the rust bond and promote a lubricated effect to the threads prior to either methods you should choose to attempt...

Boy, with all the heating and cooling over the years, those choke bolts sure get fragile. If it will hold down tight with one bolt I wouldn't think grounding would be an issue. You can try to drill out the old bolt and replace it. At least it's pretty accessible. Plenty of older threads about broken bolts and studs and how to get them out. Have fun!

What about metal shavings dropping down into the intake manifold getting sucked into the combustion chambers ? Not to worry ? Perhaps pull the carborator and hook up a flexable hose to your vacuum cleaner to get the debris ? edit ; The fist post states intake manifold but I guess that it is the exhaust manifold , so no problem there .

Edited by Jerry Roberts