The sunny side of life

Normspeed

Just to add some balance to any negative stuff that's come up lately, I want to point out a few really nice folks that have found our forum. In the past few weeks, in response to a couple of my posts, I've had generous offers of help from members dparksie, Jim Saraceno, and Kirby d34, to name a few. All have offered assistance for no reason except to help out a fellow Mopar nut. I know, there's a spot on the forum for thanking other members, but I wanted to be sure these guys got some recognition. Many others have helped me out in the past, and that kind of spirit is what keeps me coming back. In turn, I've tried to do the same whenever I can. Great forum, and as always, thanks to GTK for maintaining it without a heavy hand.

Oh man, have I lots to be thankful for!

I have received so much info and assistance from some members here... they will remain nameless, they know who they are. ;)

So many here are helpful and I appreciate it deeply and hope I can offer advice and some knowledge when I can.

I was at a post Christmas gathering last night for a few moments, my buddy Josh sold his '47 P-15 four door to a close friend of ours, and he gave it to his wife who wanted an old car for their small growing family to enjoy. He surprised her at the party with it... it was so nice to see! They don't know much about old cars but, they are very happy and excited to learn. Funny thing, they wanted to know how to turn off the dome light... I just reached in and clicked the switch on the pillar... A light went on in their minds as the other light went dark.:D

Old cars are magic, we all love them for different reasons but one thing we can all agree on... they are just plain fun and that's why we put money, time, sweat and work into them!

Keep'em rollin'!

-=Rob

This is the best old car place to be. Thanks to all.

that's right, and you know what? it even works intercontinental!

thanks again to anthonyb for my front brake cyls...that's what globalization should be like:)

and i do not need to mention all the info and laughs i got from here.

Edited by Cpt.Fred

I say it every time a new member comes on, this is the best forum not only for old Mopars but on the WWW. I have communicated with a lot of people on this forum not just on threads but through PM's and email. I have only met one and he lives in the same city I do, but I feel I know a lot of you guys. Incidentally, it appears the offending thread is gone.

I have learned more from this forum's members than I could ever imagine. A better forum doesn't exist nor does a better bunch of forum members...including Chance!!!!! ;)

And I'd like to add my thanks to Gerald, our genial host, for having the best forum on the "internets"

Indeed, I concur with all thats been said. A fine gentleman from Australia emailed me a colored wiring diagram he had created to help me out. This is a wonderful forum.

I would have thought that a wiring diagram from Australia would be coloured rather than colored. :)

This is the best forum I know of on the web. And that is not just for old cars.

...I can certainly agree with all the positive stuff that's been said as well as thank GTK...Not only is there a wealth of knowledge on the old car hobby that can be tapped here on the forum, but also some wisdom gained through life experience...As mentioned,"Keep on the sunny side" :)

I have recieved more help than I can possibly give, but I try. This forum is fun, funny and a learning experience. Probably the only place to learn while laughing.:P Wihout you guys I think Katherine would still be waiting for me figure out where to start. :eek: In her case it was literally start!!!

I have more reasons to be thankful than I can count. Kids are healthy, enjoy helping me with Katherine and generally make the holidays fun.

My son and I were out today playing. Had fun the entire time, even chasing after tools that had grown 2 short legs....:D

May the new year be fun for all and may it see all our babies on the road and showing their stuff.

I would have thought that a wiring diagram from Australia would be coloured rather than colored. :)

This is the best forum I know of on the web. And that is not just for old cars.

As I understand it the OZ coloured electrons swirl differently than the colored ones we see here north of the equator. I am not sure if it is clock or counter. Hope this clears up the cornfusion:rolleyes:

I agree with you all! thanks to GTK, Jim Clark and Normspeed along side with others like Don Coatney,Tim A, Greg G, Frankie and so many others that are willing to help not only me but others like me who dont really fit in on any other forum. I am the black sheep of every forum,so I know this is the best in the web. I feel at home. thank you all! and I will drink to that! (no alcohol) I am cutting down big time, thats easy, but if I can quit coffee, then I would be a saint!:D

When I first joined the forum there was one question I was too embarassed to ask on the open board, the friendliest most knowledgeable guy was PMed and I got the answer to said question that very day.

That act of kindness gave me a boost of confidence to tackle my rewire and get it done right.:)

Tim Adams take a bow, and thank you for the knob exchange.

I don't post much........ but I do spend alot of time reading the threads and researching information. Thanks to all that share their expertise and personal experiences for the benefit of others. This is the most informative website that I have found to assist me with my 50 Dodge. I will be working on many small "projects" over the winter and look forward to getting the old Dodge on the road this spring and hopefully crossing paths with some of the Tennesse folks on the site. Best to all for 2010!

Mike

Indeed, I concur with all thats been said. A fine gentleman from Australia emailed me a colored wiring diagram he had created to help me out. This is a wonderful forum.

You gotta turn it up the other way to be of any use!:D

Yep - this forum and members are tops. I've had some despondent moments on things I've read here recently, but true to form, prompt action seems to have been taken and all without too much fuss or fanfare.

Biggest (and quickest) lesson I've learnt on here is that the answer IS out there, just gotta be prepared to read, research and listen to those who have the experience to give good advice.

Thanks to all who've helped me so far - thanks to all who will in the future (especially since I've now got 2 mopars to work on!!)

Rob.