gas tank straps

michael.warshaw

Michael check out Napas replacement straps for a 97 chevy fullsize truck. They already come with a bolt on one end and holes for rivets in the other end. You'd have to make sure they were as long or longer then the plymouth ones though.

Joe' date=' to be honest, if I had thought of it I probably would have made straps with the same stuff you did. I have two full rolls of that on the shelf that's been there since I don't know when. Plus, like I said it's a lot easier to work with that stuff.[/quote']

The correct name for the material Joe used is plumbers tape. A quick google search showed 26,100 places to buy it.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=plumbers+tape+metal+strapping&aq=2&oq=plumbers+tape&aqi=g10

The correct name for the material Joe used is plumbers tape. A quick google search showed 26,100 places to buy it.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=plumbers+tape+metal+strapping&aq=2&oq=plumbers+tape&aqi=g10

AKA: Hanger Iron and Universal Strapping. Can be used for multiple tasks as shown by Joe. I've used it for many things other than pipe hanger too. This box is one I haven't opened yet. Says it's 10 feet long. Can make lots of tank straps with that much.

post-8-13585352805038_thumb.jpg

post-8-13585352805265_thumb.jpg

• Thanks 1