OT seasonal treat OT

Plymouthy Adams

truer words were never spoken Greg...growning up country, hog slaughter time was a very busy day...usually more than one family would process a hog that day collectively..it is a very unique experience for sure..of course everything about growing up on the fare is a pleasant memory..

I grew up in the city, didn't have any farm animals to slaughter. But.....my great grandfather owned a farm then and use to visit him many times on weekends. Never forget the first time he took me across the road to call the hogs to dinner. Was just a small tike then. He carried two buckets of slop and I carried one small one and we dumped them into the feeding trough. Then he called them to eat. They came charging out of the field and wooded area, then started walking around in their own food while they ate. After that, it was a long time before I would eat bacon again.:D:D Sausage and ham was OK though.:D:D

Tim,

Chickens are another farm story from my past. Never forget the first time I saw my great grandfather chop off the chicken's head, then it got up and ran around the chicken yard without a head. Then there was the matter of my great grandmother dipping it in the boiling pot of water to pluck the feathers so she could take it in the house and fry it.:D But......I still ate the chicken at dinner time.:D