no substitute for cubic inches

Plymouthy Adams

I got out this morning and pulled the dash out of the 51 Suburban and placed it in my sandblasting cabinet....here it is after acid bath..ready to prime...

the weather has turned yet again..the sun was out when I started...less than an hour later the sun is gone, the temp has dropped and the wind has picked up...

post-7-13585352743204_thumb.jpg

I got out this morning and pulled the dash out of the 51 Suburban and placed it in my sandblasting cabinet....here it is after acid bath..ready to prime...

the weather has turned yet again..the sun was out when I started...less than an hour later the sun is gone, the temp has dropped and the wind has picked up...

Wow,

That car looks like it had factory AC-the 2 big round holes!

no...those holes I cut to install AC vents in the car...I am not fond of under the dash hanging units and prefer in dash vents...thre are also two vent central of the dash not seen as it is part of the radio inset panel on the left is also the location of the headlight switch and the OD override control..be just a tad differnet in looks..

Oh,

I thought it was a factory option like 1942 Chrysler and DeSoto's had back in the day when AC was really something to be had!

The 42's did have air available but not the P23 cars- was just jokin with ya!

Bob

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

I knew a number of early cars had AC but if you look at the install..most them unit were in the trunk as far as evaporator condenser combo

I live here in the south...if it don't have AC it is not of much use to me...plus the 51 is getting all the other upgrades..no sense to shirk on the creature conforts