P-20 in Budapest

Niel Hoback

Here are some pictures of a '50 Plymouth in a museum in Hungary. It shows 54,xxx miles and I am quite sure it is original, although the paint is not. It has several aftermarket trim pieces along with what look like JC Whitney seat covers. The upholstery that shows looks original.

Someone snuck some small airhorns and compressor below the heater box.

A few weeks ago an employee posted a question on this forum about where to attach the choke wire. This nice young man gave us a personal tour and was a great guide for us. We are very happy to have met him. Hopefully he will visit us again. Hi there, Zsolt!

The museum contains many Mopars of the largest size. The owner told me he has been to Hershey twice buying cars for display. It must be noted that all the cars are for rent or for sale. I have more pictures than I can post so here's just a few.

post-60-13585352734643_thumb.jpg

post-60-13585352735609_thumb.jpg

post-60-13585352736308_thumb.jpg

So Niel what takes you to Budapest. How long will you be there? My wife and I are thikig of going to Europ in the spring, maybe a Danube river cruise. Would like to get to Poland to see where my mother's side of the family originated.

Other than museums, what is the automotive scene like there, any old iron still running around or is it all new Opels, Skodas, Fiats, and VW, Peugoets, Citroen, Renaults, Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche's???

We just got back after 2 1/2 weeks visiting my son and his family. Our daughter-in-law is the director of the International Law Enforcement Acadamy in Budapest.

We attended a Christmas party at the house of the Charge D' Affairs, and toured the Parlament (sic), then a short riverboat tour of the Danube. No, it ain't blue.

Trabants are still common, but not as much as old Ladas, and the occasional Moskvitch. Antique 2CV's are seen also. My own son has two Wartburgs, both licensed with diplomatic corps plates. Some of those new Skodas are very good looking. They are taking the place of many Mercedes as taxis.

There is an awful lot to see in the city, we have been there three times now and have just scratched the surface. Do not expect great food though, you will be dissapointed.

Traffic will stop your heart, driving is not for the inexperienced or timid.

Hello Niel.

I am glad that you visited the museum.trust in him,that you liked Plymouth!

Small the world!!

You from there you were here in our country only once. That's good.

I have to go there now,but this a dream is left for me only. I said this to you already.

I would grant everything in order to be able to visit into your country only once.

When do I see you again? Next year?

Who will be the next person,who from the forum visits the museum?:)

Zolst, please send a Personal Message to GTK our web master and ask that he include the museum's website to the list of links.

My wife and I have talked about a river cruise on the Danube in 2010, so perhaps we will get to Budapest. If so we will try to get to the museum.

Please keep the forum posted about the Chyrsler, Plymouths, Dodges and Desotos at the museum.

Happy Christmas to you.