Manifold Fun or not

RobertKB

well since i was donw the same road, on my p15 i needed a riser repair kit, i know that roberts has them just phone gary jr, in the am and he should have them. if he doesnt call frank mitchell, hes got them for sure.

I thought you had some broken parts or a broken manifrold? How did you repair them?

After some penetrating oil, and/or heat and wax, is there is 1 1/2" to work with I would prefer to use a stud puller before vice grips.

Or if there are any threads there, possibly double nuts (or triple) to act like a lock nut, to work it in both directions with a socket.

Good idea. I will look for a set. Thanks for the tip.

Robert, sears has a socket set for bolts that are somewhat rounded, if that is a problem, the heat is the best way to loose the bolts. The penetrating oil should be used over a 3 day period. This is very important, I removed mine with no trouble at all. The flap is the only thing that requires special attention. In the kit they give you two very small screws, I would have somrone or you if you have the machine tack weld those screws in place so they don't work loose, mine did and now I have to be careful as sometimes the shaft works loose and I have to push it back in.

The kit can be gotten almost anywhere antique mopar parts are sold. I got mine from Antique cellar. Hey did anyone see the spacial they had on this vendor on speed vision. He has so many parts he does not buy or limits buying new stuff to get his inventory down.

Robert, please don't be upset with me about the cold weather crack:o I just can't take cold weather. They are talking about snow saturday here and I am trying to get on a train to escape:eek: I just can't take it.

That is the type I have used only the snap on version. Works very good for removing. Even though it works the other way for installing them it doesn't work too well. The teeth tend to wreck the stud too much.

Just as common is the bushings for the shaft wearing out and causing an exhaust leak. My coupe has this too. A new heat riser is on my round-to-it list. My truck has a fixed riser that you are supposed to move for cold weather.

Well........when I replaced mine, the bushings were not worn out. But.....they were in there so tight, I had to drill them out to replace them.

It might depend on which way it broke first. If it seized up first you would probably get your situation. My car the spring broke but it never seized so it was free to flop around which probably caused the worn bushings.