my first plymouth... 51 cranbrook

screwshiney

great progress there!

though i must admit i'm not a friend of the fabrics you're using for the interiour this will be a nice car when it's ready.

and thanks for sharing all the photos, every restoration is unique and it's always interesting to see the ways one goes with his car!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ha well didnt' get to do much on the car this weekend. i got tired of the mess in the shop so we decided to clean it up and move some stuff around. i did manage to get the back seat wraped. i am really happy with the way it came out. also i started working out the rear tail light section.... and now i need a taillight bezel too :(. i also help my buddies son work on his 81 Datsun pick up.

here are some pics to hold you guys over. i also took a few more of the bike too b/c i had a few questions on it. it's actually a 69 honda 175

DSC_5586.jpg

DSC_5587.jpg

DSC_5588.jpg

DSC_5575.jpg

DSC_5568.jpg

DSC_5565.jpg

well actually i'm trying to sell it. it was orig going to be a cummins rat/street rod. but that drivetrain went to the newer reg cab in front of it. that is whats under the car cover next to the bike.

here are some pics of the tail light section. it's getting there.

DSC_5614.jpg

DSC_5610.jpg

you can see some of the seat in this one

DSC_5615.jpg

before.

DSC_5000.jpg

Edited by screwshiney

Headliner? I would put a large window in so I could shoot from the inside!:D Would make a great rabbit hunting car! I'm just amazed at your metal skills. Are your married? Wife must be most tolerent. Great work.

thanks man, i'm learning as i go. hmm i do have a power sunroof i'm not using lol.

ha nope not married yet. i'm fortunate enough to have a girlfriend that like to be right in there with me. this is going to be her car, the day i brought it home she fell in love, she doesn't even want it painted lol.

there is no way in hell i would paint it. hell people pay good money for patina airbrush jobs like this. ha it only cost me $300.

i didn't get much done this weekend. i started to redo the front seat but got side tracked with my Duramax and my girls truck.

here is the seat stripped down. i was going to try and just re-use the orig cushion but it was too far gone. SO i robbed the bottom off my K-20 seat. it's not perfect but it's better than what was there. i had to cut it down a bit to macth the seat frame and also add a small piece of foam to fix the re-entry burn from 40+ years of use. i'll still have to get some updated pics of it all covered up.

DSC_5636.jpg

the old cheese cloth and wicker junk

DSC_5643.jpg

donor

DSC_5635.jpg

DSC_5645.jpg

DSC_5647.jpg

oh and the girlfriends headliner in her exploder... yes that's tow mater and lightning mcqueen lol

DSC_5649.jpg

DSC_5653.jpg

Edited by screwshiney