my first plymouth... 51 cranbrook

screwshiney

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found clock filler. Make offer via PM. I think all the tail light lenses are at my parents cabin though. FYI if you want GTK can put a space in your name. I have one :D

Don, I frequent the HAMB site and try to help the flathead MoPar people there. I recommend they visit this site if they have a flathead MoPar powered car. I tell them the rules about no bashing the vendors or flaming a poster and no profanity. I think we will welcome anyone who is trying to keep an old MoPar on the road. I also suggest that they visit the home page for the information there. I saw his post there and invited him over.

Screwshiney,

I live in Freehold and saw that car in Matawan several weeks ago. Definitely runs very well. Nice to see it found a new home. You certainly made a lot of progress on it.

I've got a '51 and '52 Plymouth and have been into them for a long time. If you have any questions drop me a PM and maybe I can help.

Harold

Ha thanks. Yea believe me I'm not happy to be from Jersey

Hopefully in a few years I'll be moving to Missouri

Do you have a particular part of Missouri in mind......I'm in Joplin.

Welcome aboard, and best wishes for your continued progress on

the car. Bob

i did screw around with the interior last night for a while and i think it came out much better than expected. thankfully the material i got was nice and heavy and streched real nice. only one door left too and i ran out of staples :(. i still need to make front kick panels, b pillars and do the headliner which actually just came in today. then figure out something for the seats.

out with the old...

DSC_5351.jpg

in with the new

DSC_5359.jpg

DSC_5355.jpg

DSC_5362.jpg

DSC_5365.jpg

DSC_5345.jpg

well seeing how we got 2' of snow here this weekend it was the perfect time to lock myself in the garage and get some stuff done.

i got the rest of the trim pieces made and even experimented with some piping. i started to mock up the headliner but decided to coat the floor first. i did 1 heavy coat top and bottom. i still need to make the rest of the pedal piece too.

also we finally got some heat hooked up. my buddy found a furnace in the trash and 50 bucks later for a new igniter we had heat. the shop is big but it does take the chill away and while it's 30* outside you can't see your breath inside. good enough for me.

first things first HEAT! it's a bit crude but it does the job.

DSC_5403.jpg

kick panels, i used 1/8" airline and wraped the fabric around that then glued it to the panel.

DSC_5398.jpg

DSC_5399.jpg

Found clock filler. Make offer via PM. I think all the tail light lenses are at my parents cabin though. FYI if you want GTK can put a space in your name. I have one :D

Welcome. I'm Pretty sure I have a tailight lens I don't need. Just PM an offer and it will be coming your way. Wayne P.

hope everyone had a nice christmas. got a little bit done over the holiday. i got some heat barrier from work and did the roof and front floor pans. got my new rockers in, i kinda screwed up on the pass side but measured twice on the d/s before cutting :) finished off the bottom of the d/s floor pan cover w/ some old wheel tubs i had laying around. i also made a new engine and headlight harness. i used a headlight harness from a 67 chevy and random wires i had from a newer chevy harness. now i will be able to have parking and turn signals front and back. i also fit my new to me blinker assembly in there and will wire that up this week once i get a flasher. oh and i got little screw covers for all the door and trim panels. also picked up the fabric for the seats. i'm going to do the front in olive drab green and the back in poop brown, then the back of the front seat will alos be poop.

DSC_5431.jpg

DSC_5430.jpg

DSC_5428.jpg

DSC_5423.jpg

DSC_5422.jpg

DSC_5420.jpg

haha. we actually sell it, it's made by thermo-tec. it is self stick and comes in a few different sizes. the roof was pretty cold but it stuck real nice. i even hit it with a torch to kinda form it a bit more and you couldn't even see any scorch marks. it's very workable and pretty stout too.

http://www.xtremediesel.com/search.aspx?manufacturer=73